Chapter 18

Today is a weekend, a Saturday to be specific, and the school decided to cut their student some slack after practically throwing us every assignment their minds could come up with and I didn't have practice today. Coach decided to give us some time off, too, after our epic win yesterday against a tough team. So, other than Johnson's daily workload he gives me, I didn't much else to do.

"Hi" Jasmine's voice rang in my ears as she peeked inside my room with a stunning smile on her face. I spun my seat to face her and I opened my arms to invite her in a hug, one which she accepted happily and wrapped her arms around my neck while I wrapped mine around her waist and snuggled to her chest.

"You're not stressing yourself too much again, are you?" she asked in a chiding manner and I couldn't stop the smile on my face. "No" I answered after lifting my face from her chest. "This is probably the most at eased I've been the past couple of days" I admitted. "Good, because Elaine called" she said and I immediately perked up at the name of my mother. It's been a while since I've seen her and Little Jasmine and I really need to make it up to them.

"What did she say?" I released her from the embrace and watched her sit at the edge of my bed. "She was asking if you're available today and asked if we could come over. She didn't want to call because she didn't want to disturb you, so she called me instead"

"Well, I'm almost done with this report, give me 20 minutes then we'll go" She stood once more and gave me a nod. "I'll go tell Elaine" she was about to leave the room again, but I caught her hand in mine and pulled her to me, eliciting a surprised squeal from her as she landed on my lap. When her face turned to mine, I didn't waste another second and connected her lips with mind, my hand finding its way to the back of her head.

"What was that for?" she asked, still in a daze when I finally allowed our lips to disconnect. "Do I need a reason to kiss my girlfriend?" I gave her a toothy smile and laughed when a blush crept up to her cheeks. Much to my surprise, Jasmine took hold of my chin and pulled me closer to her again, this time she's the one who initiated the kiss which is much more passionate than the one we had seconds ago.

But, much to my dismay, we had to pull away or I wouldn't be able to finish this report. After giving me one last kiss, Jasmine got up from my lap and told me to focus on the report so that we could go to my mother and Little Jasmine as soon as possible.

...

"Alex!" Little Jasmine's voice bounced on the walls of the room as soon as she saw me enter, with the other Jasmine closely following behind me. She ran towards us at full speed and jumped on me; enclosing me in a hug. "Hey there, baby, I missed you" I wrapped my arms around her tightly and savored the moment.

"Why didn't you visit often" Little Jasmine's voice became sad as I placed her back on the floor. "I'm sorry; I've been very busy with school. But, look, I got you your favorite chocolate!" I announced and handed her a pack of chocolate that I knew she always loved. Her eyes perked up at the sight and I knew I was forgiven.

She thanked me with another tight hug before running to Mom and told her about the gift that I had given her.

I felt a hand hold mine and a smile instantly crept up to my face as I turned to Jasmine who's holding a smile of her own.

"Hi, Mom" I greeted my mother as we entered the kitchen and saw her preparing lunch meal for everyone. "Hi, Dears" she greeted both of us and gave us each a kiss on the cheek. "How have you been?" she asked, but I suggested that we discuss it during lunch.

Jasmine and I offered to help her cook, which is something my mother didn't even think of denying, while Little Jasmine went to watch cartoons on the living room. While we were preparing, Mom told us about some of the things that has happened in their lives. She said that Little Jasmine has looked happier, although she would always ask for me, hence the night talks that we would always have. She also didn't had a hard time adjusting to her new school, she easily made friend, like I had initially thought.

At the first few weeks upon moving, Mom and Little would go to places like parks, zoos, aquariums, and other places that would bring them entertainment. They would also go to the movies every other weekend for some mother-daughter bonding, and would have a dinner outside every Friday. As much as I wish that I could be in all of the things they've done instead of just listening to my mother talk about it, but I know that I would have to make sacrifices, I'm just glad that this sacrifice is paying off, especially now that I'm seeing them very happy and practically glowing. Plus, I really can't go out with them because people would notice who I am, or who Austin is, and would question who are the people I'm with.

Over lunch, I told Mom and Little Jasmine about the things that have happened to me. I told them about Jace, Mary and her group of friends, how I caught Chad cheating on Amanda and Mary, all the plays we had won, and as well as my new part in Johnson's company. Mom wasn't happy about the last part, but I told her that I was handling it well and is actually kind of enjoying it, which I am despite the stress that its schedule is giving me.

Mom also asked Jasmine and I about our relationship, which we both answered shyly with blushing faces. Of course, we got teased by both mother and child. After lunch, we transferred to the living room and decided to watch a movie. We chose, or Little Jasmine chose, to watch The Lion King. According to our mother, Little Jasmine has been watching it every day for two weeks and is getting even more addicted to it the more she watches it. Something Little Jasmine didn't deny.

Little Jasmine was sitting on the floor with the pillows sprawled around her and one underneath her, while Mom, Jasmine, and I sat on the couch, me being in the middle. We were having a quiet, small talk, making sure that we weren't disturbing Little Jasmine. We all know she hates people talking while watching a movie.

In the middle of the movie, Mom's phone began ringing so she excused herself to answer it. When she moved out of the room, I turned to look at Jasmine and took hold of her hand, not being able to stop myself from admiring her beauty.

When she turned to look at me, another blush crept up her face when she was met with my intense look. "What?" She asked, but I just shook my head and kissed her lips.

Mom returned after a while, saying that the hospital is short staffed tonight and that she needed to go earlier than she's supposed to. She said that she might not be able to come back until tomorrow and asked us to stay with Little Jasmine, which Jasmine and I both agreed to.

In less than an hour, Mom had left.

"Hey, Alex?" Little Jasmine had called out from the floor as she twirled around to face us. "Can we have some ice cream?" she requested with her famous puppy eyes that she knows no one can say no to.

A laugh escaped my lips as I entangled my hand from Jasmine. "Alright, what ice cream do you want?" Of course, I already knew what she was going to say. She never eats another flavor of ice cream. So, I picked up my keys and told them that I'll be back soon after picking up some ice cream from the mall.

But, when I was driving towards the mall, I knew that I wouldn't be able to get back as soon as I wanted to. I spotted a familiar figure walking lethargically by the side walk; her head hung low in defeat.

I slowed my car when I was near the walking figure and my heart broke at the sight of seeing Mary once again in the middle of a breakdown.