Chapter 14

When I got back, a maid approached me and informed me that Jasmine won't be able to return for a couple more days, a week at most, and that another maid will be assigned to me for the meantime, but I politely declined and told her that I'll be able to take care of myself.

It will just feel weird to have someone else do the things Jasmine does. It won't be the same.

Before I went to sleep, I stared at my phone for a while; contemplating whether to call Jasmine or not. I'm really starting to miss her voice, but decided against calling her. She may be tired from taking care of her mother on her own all day and this may be the only time she can rest, and I'm not going to take that away from her.

With a sigh, I just texted Mom that I will be visiting her tomorrow after practice and that I will be bringing food.

I placed my phone on the nightstand and was closing my eyes when I heard my phone vibrate.

Mom must be getting used to her phone.

I thought since she usually takes minutes to reply, but a different name appeared on my phone when I opened it.

Mary

Without a second thought, I opened it.

Hey, are you awake? Her text consists of those letters and it only took me a minute to reply, telling her that I am.

I can't sleep. She admitted and a small smile went up to my lips, happy at the fact that she's now comfortably admitting these things to me. So, throughout the whole night, I did my best to take her mind off of her douche of an ex-boyfriend. I asked her about the things she likes to do, which was singing and taking photographs of whichever catches her attention, the things she doesn't like to do, which was anything that includes running, and other random questions that came into mind.

She told me about her dreams of traveling the world; of course her beloved camera would be her company. She said she wanted to study photography when we go to college, but she's afraid to tell her parents about it, because they wanted her to study business so that she could help them with their businesses and, one day, take over.

Well, your parents are loving and understanding, I'm more than 50% sure that they would allow you to study photography. I texted the best thing that came in mind that won't put her hopes up too much, but still encouraging.

They are, but I'm still scared

We still have months before we have to start applying to colleges. I'll help you build up the courage to tell them during those months. I promised

Thank you :) What about you? What do you plan on taking?

I haven't actually thought about college. I haven't even realized until then that, my non-existent contract with Johnson Moore is for a lifetime. I'm guessing that I won't have a choice as to what I will take in college since, I think, it's a part of my deal with Johnson. I'm also going to have to marry Mary... I don't even have a male genital, how does Johnson plan to give me a male genital to convince Mary since, once we're married, she will want to do it with me.

Oh my goodness. I'm going to have to do it with Mary...

Then, I started to panic.

I'm going to have to do it with Mary!

But, won't she be suspicious if we can't produce a baby? She will want to get both of us checked.

That will be the start of me getting screwed.

Although, Mary might not even fall for me, hopefully, so it won't lead to any of that. We can be in a loveless marriage.

But, I don't want her to be in a loveless marriage.