Chapter 12

"So, you and Mary are friends again?" Jace asked after I had just told him everything that happened between Mary and I yesterday night. "Yes, we are" I said with a proud, quite arrogant, smile on my face. "What about her friends, though?" he added that made my smile shrink.

"I don't know, actually" I admitted in defeat. "Maybe Mary will be able to convince them that I'm not the guy I was before. That the accident made me good" Jace scoffed at that, he even rolled his eyes!

He is so gay.

"With the things you've done, I don't think even being a cripple will make them forgive you. You have to work for it"

"Do I really have to?" I earned a smack at the head for that. "Hey!"

"Of course you do, you dimwit. If you want Mary to be yours again, then you have to make her friends your friends" I felt like my brain stopped working for a little bit at that.

Make Mary mine again?

"But, I'm not trying to make her mine again, though" I said, my voice was soft and a little confused. Jace raised an eyebrow at me before asking "Why are you trying to befriend her, then?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "She seems like a nice girl, and she is. That's enough reason for me to befriend her"

Plus, there's already someone I have eyes for.

I thought, but of course I couldn't say that out loud. I wasn't able to stop the smile from forming on my face, though. "What's with the smile, then" Jace questioned, but I just dismissed it with a shake of my head.

"Not trying to make her yours again, my ass" he scoffed jokingly and that earned him a smack on the head. "Anyway, are you excited for your first play in the season? Everybody's been looking forward to it"

To be honest, I don't know what to feel about that. I'm confident in my skills enough to know that I won't make a fool out of myself, but I'm still not sure if I'm good enough to match Austin's skills.

"I'm sure you'll do great" Jace spoke again when I didn't and then the bell rang. We stood up from the benches and started heading back inside the school. In the hallways, as we were heading for our classes, we saw Mary and her friends and, when everyone saw Mary and I greet each other, they were flabbergasted, to say the least. After passing by each other, I heard her friends immediately question her as to why we're suddenly on good terms.

I wonder what she'll tell them

The truth, I'm sure.

Then, just like that, Mary was pushed out of my mind and was replaced by Jasmine. We haven't been able to talk about the kiss we shared last night because I got up late, so I was in a hurry to leave. She smiled at me, so she must've felt the same. But, with our situation, would she even agree to start a relationship with me?

Because that's what I want badly

We both know that, sooner or later, I'm going to have to marry Mary. What will happen then?

Until we were dismissed from school, that was all I could think of and I was saddened by that thought.

For all the 18 years I have been living, I had never thought that I would feel something like this, especially since little Jasmine and Mom was the only people I would think of. But, now that I'm feeling something like this, it can't happen.

Suddenly, I was excited to go home.

Unfortunately, when I got home, Jasmine was nowhere to be found and, after searching the whole property twice, I finally asked one of the maids to find out that Jasmine went home because her mother became terribly ill again and she doesn't say when she'll come back.

Reel or Realजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें