Chapter 36

Nalia's POV"What do you mean you're getting married?" I asked flabbergasted by the reveal

Nalia's POV
"What do you mean you're getting married?" I asked flabbergasted by the reveal.

"Stop yelling child, my eardrums aren't that enduring anymore" Granny says dramatically cleaning the invisible dirt in her ears.

I heard Elijah try to stifle a laugh behind me but failed miserably.

I elbowed him in the gut making him groan in pain as I turn my head glaring at him.

Granny holds my hand once again.

"Come let's sit down and talk" She said with a small smile.

I nod my head letting her pull me towards the sunroom.

"Eric and Elijah come along" Granny beckons the two men to follow us.

Eric got off the barstool grabbing his and granny drinks in hands.

The sunroom is actually my favorite place in the house where I usually come to read and do my homework.

Granny beautifully converted it from the bland look to something subtle yet colorful.

Bright shades of red, white, and blue were very appropriate color schemes for the sunny sunroom spaces and the visitors or house guests always appreciated granny's intricate designs.

We all sat down just staring at each other for 2 minutes no words exchanged until I spoke up.

"Granny, you just met him a few months ago why are you so quick to say yes to his proposal. You could have waited a year to know each other even more before making the decision of marriage. No offense Eric" I say the last part making everyone chuckle.

"None taken" He replied with a dismissive hand wave.

Granny laughed before she began speaking.

"Child, stop beating around the bush, I know why you're acting like this. Is it because of Grandpa?" She asked rubbing my cheek with her thumb.

I look away from her gingerly nodding my head.

She scoots closer placing my head on her chest cradling me like a child.

"Oh baby, regardless of me being engaged to Eric, your Grandpa is always going occupy a hefty space in my heart. Eric knows this too." She revealed stroking my hair affectionately.

"It's true Nalia, I'm not trying to replace him. I'm very content that I'm part of the remaining love, Michelle holds in her heart for me." Eric says my Granny's name making her heart beat fast.

I lifted my head from her chest still in her embrace.

"I understand, granny you are a grown woman and it's your decision and I'm very happy for you. Congratulations" I place a kiss on her cheek and she did the same to mine.

"Thank you!" She says with excitement running to Eric who sat on the adjacent chair with Elijah.

He sat up giving up his seat for Granny then walking over to me.