Chapter 11

Nalia's POV Elijah and I have been hanging out a lot, he treats me so well, respects me as a woman, and calls me endearment names, it's so cute

Nalia's POV
Elijah and I have been hanging out a lot, he treats me so well, respects me as a woman, and calls me endearment names, it's so cute.

He wants us to be more than friends but I'm scared honestly.

I might act like I'm strong on the outside but I'm actually fragile on the inside.

I always masked up my pain and held back my tears.

Elijah and Granny are the only ones that can see through me and know all the kind of pain I bottle up.

I really like him a lot, I want our relationship to be more than friendship.

But my anxiousness is stopping me from telling him how I really feel about him.

That's why I'm always friend-zoning him, I know that's not a good reason but it's what I got.

Lately, I feel like Elijah has been evading me, whenever I go to his office to ask him to lunch he just tells me his busy.

Sometimes I call or text him, I'm always left on read and he never bothers to call back.

I honestly think he got fed up pursuing me. If he doesn't want me anymore then there's no use crying over spilled milk.

It's currently Lunchtime and I will try to ask Elijah again. I went to his office and knocked.

"Come in" I heard his gruffly accented voice.

I opened up to see Elijah's head down writing something down.

I just sat down and waited till he finished what he was doing then he finally looked up.

"What can I help you with, Ms. Chen?" His voice sounded cold and he usually calls me Lia or babygirl.

"I wanted to ask you if you wanted to have lunch with me" He kept gazing at me I shyly looked away.

"As you can I'm busy with some important documents that need my undivided attention" Elijah shifts his gaze which meant I've been dismissed.

"Ok then" I awkwardly mumble to myself turning around to leave.

I took one last glance at him over my shoulder, he just kept his focus on what he was doing before I came in his office.

I felt tears sting my eyes, so I tilted my head back so they wouldn't fall.

I went back to my office and ordered a tray of different varieties of sushi and Ben & Jerry's caramel ice cream.

That's not a good combination but I feel the need to eat my feelings and hopefully feel better at the end.

                      Elijah's POV
I've been going through the plan and it seems to be working but in the process of all this.

I'm hurting myself and baby girl. I saw the tears in her eyes when she thought I wasn't looking at her.

I wanted to go after her to apologize and comforting her but this has to be done.

My phone starts ringing and I saw my favorite cousin Eloise on the caller ID.

She's a few years older than me but if you see us in public together people would say she was my little sister.

Eloise is my mum's older sister daughter and she moved from the UK years ago and currently lives in NY with her husband of 5 years David.

She loves him as much as he loves her even though their marriage was an arranged one for business reasons.

Regardless, of that reason they made it work out perfectly for them.

"Elo, what's up" I cheerfully spoke into the phone.

"You stupid git, how dare you move to New York and didn't call to tell me anything!" I had to pull the phone from my ear due to her yelling.

"Thanks for the welcoming greeting" Note the sarcasm.

"Do you want to know how I found out? Aunty called so I could spy on you and your little girlfriend" I heard the excitement in the last part of her sentence.

"She's not my girlfriend yet but soon. She's just playing hard to get right now" I groaned out frustratedly.

"Let's meet up for lunch and you can tell me all about her. Meet me at Blue Moon Cafe I'll text you the address" I tapped my fingers on the desk listening to her.

"Ok Elo, see you soon" I hung up and started cleaning up my mess on the table.

I walked out of my office and I peeked inside Lia's office but she wasn't there.
I was kind of worried 'where is she?'

Please Vote and Comment
Until Next Time...