Chapter 20

Nalia's POVAfter falling asleep in the arms of my beloved

                     Nalia's POV
After falling asleep in the arms of my beloved.

I woke up to an empty bed with Elijah's side still had his warmth, he probably just got up not long ago.

I jumped off the bed going into the joined bathroom.

Granny really renovated the office for Grandpa because he's always working late hours with no rest.

That's why she forced Grandpa to build a bedroom with a bathroom in his office because the space of the place was way too big to just be an office.

I got out of the shower, and walked to the slightly fogged up mirror using my hand to clear the fog and just stood there complimenting, and admiring myself.

After I finished flirting with myself. I tied my hair back into a slick back ponytail, didn't bother wearing makeup except for doing my eyebrows, mascara, and a lipgloss.

I went into the mini closet and dressed into something random but professional.

I looked at myself in the full length mirror and felt contented with how I looked.

I exited my office to search for Elijah, the first place I checked was his office. Walking closer to his office I heard 2 unfamiliar voices speaking to him.

"Darling, I can't wait to see my future daughter in law" The woman's voice said excitedly and I smiled at that.

"Mum, please calm down we just started dating a few months ago, not rushing into anything right now. Don't get your hopes up yet." Elijah tells his mother sounding a bit tired.

I guess his mama was a piece of work. I like her already.

"Eric told me how he got interrogated by her when she was video calling Ms. Chen" The booming voice of a man probably his father says with a chuckle.

I raised my hand to knock but stopped halfway hesitating but I knocked on the door anyway.

"Come in" Elijah roared out.

I took a deep breath because I'm so nervous, I'm meeting his parents for the first time.

I pushed the door aside walking in and I heard a gasp coming from Elijah's mother.

"Good afternoon, I'm Nalia Chen" I politely greeted them and introduced myself.

His mom wasted no time to jump out of the chair she was seating on almost knocking me over as she hugged the life out of me.

She pulled away from the hug

"Oh my she's perfect!" The blue eyed woman held my cheeks looking at me in admiration.

"Mum stop it you're freaking her out" Elijah said which seemed to irk his mom because she turned over her shoulders glaring at her son.

He raised up his hands surrender.

The other man in the room walked towards where his wife and I stood by the door.

"Hello Nalia, my name is Emmanuel Newton and this is my overly gleeful wife Mary Newton. It's finally nice to see the beautiful woman that my son can't stop talking about" He outstretched his hand for me to shake.

"Nice things I hope and it's an honor to meet you also" I shook his hand and he gave me the similar charming smile.

I looked over his shoulder to see Elijah standing a few feet away with outstretched arms.

where my hug at? headass.

"Excuse me Mr. Newton" I walked around him to go hug my big baby.

Elijah wrapped his arms around my waist.

"How did you sleep after the little treat I gave you" He asked with a sly wink.

I turned around to see his Dad with a knowing smirk on his face.

I turned back around hitting Elijah on his chest slightly muttering for him to shut up.

I looked down with heated cheeks but he lifted my chin with his thumb and index finger

"Don't look down Lia, I want to see your beautiful blush" I raised an eyebrow at him as he continued.

"Even though I can't see it due to that lustrous gorgeous skin I'm fascinated with so much. But that won't stop me from imagining that I saw you blushing" I laughed out loud and he pecked my lips.

As Elijah was about to deepen it but I remembered his parents were still here.

I pushed him off whispering later and he gave me a cheesy grin with his eyes dancing with mischief.

"Sorry about that Mr. and Mrs. Newton" His parents just smiled at me saying it's fine that they enjoyed the adorable sight.

"Nalia, it's fine to call us by our first names, call me Mary" She held my hands in a tender manner.

"We would like to get to know you more and I'm making dinner tonight at my son's place and I'll like for you to come" Mary tells me unsure of what my answer would be.

"Yes, I'll be there and I'm bringing dessert so don't make any" I said earning a beautiful smile from her.

"Sure thing, see you tonight then" She gives me a hug and a kiss on the cheek while Emmanuel did the same.

They grabbed their things walking out not before saying bye to their Son and I.

I turned to my shameful boyfriend glaring at him evilly.

"Eli, why would you ask me that? Especially in front of your parents they could have heard you or the probably already did!" Let me tell you what this giant oaf did, he just laughed me off sitting on his desk chair.

"Come sit on my lap and tell him what your troubles are so I can make it all better for you" I stomped my feet.

"That's cute love, now come here" He told me in a dominant tone patting his lap.

I huffed "You're unbelievable" and I still went ahead and sat on his lap.

Please Vote and Comment.
Until Next Time...