Chapter 25

Omniscient POVAs she sat in the back of the small vehicle

                   Omniscient POV
As she sat in the back of the small vehicle.

Diamond kept receiving weird stares from the Uber driver.

She had been crying non stop, her makeup smudged all over her face, messy hair and her white dress stained with dirt.

Diamond's phone was currently blowing up with text messages telling her to come back home and endless missed calls.

The long car ride had her deep in thought about how her own parents could do such a thing like that to her.

Then again, they did neglect and emancipated her twin sister.

But how could they arrange for her to marry a controlling old man that is twice her age?

As much as Diamond wanted to hate her parents she couldn't, because they're all she got left and she's not sure Nalia will welcome her with opened arms.

Diamond sat there in a daze, her head filled with multiple different scenarios until the driver announced that they have reached the destination.

Once she entered Nalia's penthouse building. The fear and nervousness appeared.

Diamond still didn't know what to say or do when she sees her twin.

She saw a receptionist and walked up to the table asking where the restroom was.

The receptionist looked at Diamond weirdly, before he pointed to the left that had the bathroom sign.

Diamond quickly thanked him and made a run to the public restroom in the building to fix herself up to look at least decent enough to face Nalia.

She knew what floor and apartment number Nalia lived, so she made to the elevator and pressed the second to the last floor button.

Diamond stood alone inside the big spacious elevator pacing back and forth, and a bad habit of hers biting her perfectly manicured nails.

She heard the elevator ding which made her halt her pacing.

Right now she was contemplating if she should get out of the elevator or just go right back to her parents and accept her horrid fate.

After thinking her chances through
Diamond decided to get out of the elevator.

There were only 3 penthouses on this floor and the one on the very last end of the hallway was Nalia's place.

Diamond walked to Nalia's door and knocked softly twice and no answer, she waited 2 minutes and did it again
much louder this time.

Then it dawned on her that Nalia might not be at home or she had already fallen asleep.

She slid down the wall next to the door and sat there crying for help directed to no one exactly.

Diamond laid on the cold marble floor in a fetal position cuddling her knees to her chest.

Laying in the same position felt like hours have passed, she heard the faint sound of the elevator ding.

Diamond quickly got up from her laying position, thinking maybe Nalia was back.

She weakly stood on her sore wobbly legs resting on the wall to balance herself from falling.

Diamond heard soft moans and kissing sounds coming closer and closer.

She lifted her head up to see Nalia making out with Elijah who she had learned was her sister's boyfriend.

Seeing her twin sister once again, Diamond's heart felt heavy and all the guilt started hitting in the chest like a repeating stabbing knife in the middle of her bitter envy filled heart.

"Nalia, p-please help me" Diamond croakily cried out to her oblivious sister.

Nalia immediately pulls away from the heated lip-lock and turned her head in alert to see Diamond crying and now walking towards her direction.

Confusion marred over her face, she was caught off guard when Diamond hugged her hard burying her face into Nalia's shoulders.

Nalia didn't know what to do many emotions were swirling in her mind and she's not good with this type of things like comforting people.

Nalia is not sympathetic or empathetic towards people, because she can't relate and wouldn't know what to say in that situation.

Nalia awkwardly stood there with her arms still on her sides and Diamond hugging her in a tighter embrace.

Nalia looks towards Elijah, who also looked as confused as she did.

No words were exchanged between them except for facial expressions and using their eyes to speak to each other.

Nalia grabs Diamond's shoulders to pull her back from the stiff embrace and dropping her hands back to her side.

"Diamond, what are you doing here?" Nalia asked rather harshly.

'Ouch, I guess I deserved it' Diamond thought to herself dejectedly.

She had no words to say, she to grabs her sister's arm trying to find some kind of comfort in her twin.

Nalia noticed this and stared at Diamond's hand on her arm and look back up at her like she grew two heads.

Nalia turns to her boyfriend and told him that he should go home and not worry about it and she got everything in control.

Elijah reluctantly agrees with his girlfriend's decision and pressed his lips to hers for a goodbye kiss and hesitantly left.

Nalia turns back to Diamond and stared her up and down trying to figure out her purpose for coming to her.

Diamond didn't dare to look at her sister in the eyes because all she would see is pure hatred and disappointment in her.

"Follow me" She walks to her door entering the code that unlocks it.

Diamond obliged to Nalia's command and quietly followed behind her like a dog walking with it's tails tucked between it's legs.

Please Vote and Comment
Until Next Time...