Frederick Chase (NM)

This was requested by @Shinny-star

A note to her: I combined your first two ideas, since the first was a little short. Hope you like how I did them!

Frederick P.O.V.

I was on my way to work when I bumped into someone. We both turned around to apologize, and I noticed who it was. “Annabeth?!” “Dad?” It WAS Annabeth! It had been so long since we had seen each other. “You’re in New York? I thought your job was in San Fran. Did you get transferred back? Why didn’t you tell me? Are Helen, Bobby and Mathew with you?” “Woah, woah, woah. Slow down. Yes we moved back to New York, They are with me, I didn’t tell you because you were unreachable according to Iris, and you stopped using the phone I gave you, and why don’t I explain the rest when you come over?” She agreed and we set up a time and day to come over.

I knew she and Percy had gotten married right after the Giant War, but no one ever told me or Sally why. Maybe I could find out next Friday at 7:00 P.M.

~~~~~~~~Time Skip: Friday 6:53 P.M.~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

Helen was rushing around fretting over every detail. The boy’s bowties weren’t exactly straight, there was a speck of dust on the back of our dresser, her china plate was an inch out of place, etc, etc. Finally, I told her, “Calm down. This is Percy and Annabeth we are having over, not the Queen of England!” “I know! But we have to have everything perfect for our guests! It’s a rule!” Ah yes, rule #15: If we might have a guest, everything must be spotless. That came right after rule #14: Always be armed around Annabeth. As it was, Helen and I were armed with celestial bronze daggers and the boys had imperial gold sabers that turned into watches when unnecessary. Our daggers were disguised as rings that morphed when you said a particular goddess’s name. For me it was Athena, for Helen it was Hera.

I heard someone knock on the door. “We’ll get it!” the boys cried. They came speeding back in, Percy hot on their heels, and Annabeth walking at a slower pace with a child on each hip. “Dad, and Helen, I’d like you to meet my children, Beck and Zoe.” They were hers? Is why they got married so quickly? “They’re so cute! How old are they?” Helen asked while fawning over our grandchildren. “Beck is 3 and Zoe is 10 months.” I cleared my throat loudly, “Now, I know I wasn’t much of a father in your early years, but I’d still like a hug.

She rolled her eyes, shrugged, handed her children to my wife, and gave me an awkward side hug. “Hey! I want a hug! Pweeeeaaaasssseee!” Percy said, giving Annabeth a face that resembled a baby seal. She rolled her eyes, yet again, and gave him a peck on the cheek and a hug.

“Why don’t we eat some dinner? Ummm… we weren’t expecting you to have children, so we don’t really have a place for them to sit… or food for them.” I said. “Oh that’s ok. They ate before we came. And we can call someone to come and get them real quick. She won’t stay long, only enough time to grab the kids.” Percy replied.

He stepped out of the room, presumably to call someone, but he was back in 3 minutes, someone following him as he went. “Mr. and Mrs. Chase, I’d like you to meet my cousin, Hazel Zhang. She’s from my dad’s side, a daughter of Uncle Pluto. She will take care of Zo and Beck for us.” He introduced.

“Nice to meet you Hazel.” Percy was right. She didn’t stay long enough to talk. She simply walked over, gently took my grandchildren and walked into a shadow. “She doesn’t talk much. Kind of a side effect from being from a different century.”

After that, we walked into a dining room and ate New York strip steak, sweet potatoes and green beans. For dessert, we had pumpkin pie and coffee. Percy and Annabeth were kind of fidgety the entire time, like they needed to tell us something, but didn’t know how to go about doing it. “Umm… Dad, and Helen,? Can we all move to the living room? percy and I need to tell you guys something.” We nodded and shuffled into the living room.

When everyone was settled, Annabeth opened her mouth to talk, but stiffened and collapsed, her eyes rolling into the back of her head. I rushed to see if she was ok, but Percy was already there. I thought the worst part would be her collapse, but then she started to scream. The scream was blood curdling and full of agony. I looked over at Percy, who had tears in his eyes, but didn’t look distressed. “What in the sam hell is going on here?!” I yelled. I looked over at my wife, who had a shocked expression. The  boys had retreated to behind the couch.

Annabeth was writhing back and forth, still screaming that horrible scream. I asked Percy again, at a lower tone, but still no answer. The only I could hear coming out of his mouth was, “Shhh, Wise Girl. We aren’t in there anymore. We got out alive! We defeated Gaea, we saw Bob and Damesen again, we met my long-lost uncle… and his friends. We’re ok. We have Beck and Zoe, Piper, Jason, Leo, Tyson, Grover, Juniper, Hazel, Frank, Reyna, Nico, Will, Thalia, and all our other friends looking out for us. They care about us. Please wake up.” The tears were flowing freely now. What happened to them? Were they kidnapped during the war?

Annabeth started to wake up. I ran over, again, but Percy put out his hand to stop me. I watched as she buried her head in his chest and did something I hadn’t seen her do since she was 7: sob.

When she calmed down, she sat up and leaned onto Percy. “Can you tell us what happened just now?” they traded glances when I asked. “Percy and I didn’t want to tell you why we got married so quickly. We didn’t want to worry you and Sally. During the war with Gaea, something happened to us. We, once again, did something unprecedented. As you know, Mom sought me out and sent me to locate and return the Mark of Athena. Well, I found it. But Arachne, the beast guarding it, didn’t like it. She tried to drag me into Tar… Tar… The pit. Percy didn’t let me fall alone though, so we walked in Hell together. We can’t be apart for very long, or else we are plagued with flashbacks and nightmares. The one you witnessed was the exception. Even when we are together, we still get flashbacks. Apollo himself couldn’t help us, only treat us. He said that there is no treatment for something like that. Even being made gods didn’t help us. Oh, by the way, we’re gods.”

What?! My child, son-in-law AND grandchildren are immortal?! “Anything else we should know?” Helen asked “They’re are 30 new Olympians on the council. And we’re two of them.” Percy said softly. “COOL!! OUR SISTER’S A GODDESS!!”

Wow. In 30 years, she’s going to look the exact same, she is going to live forever. Immortality… woah. This is going to be a hard story to tell at the family reunion...