Kaitlyn Gilmore- Jiper

Hello... it's me. So you may have noticed the lack of updating... Thanks school. 

No, but seriously. Between homework, theatre (which I am now required to do because of a class I'm in), and basic bodily functions, it actually took me 2  months to write this chapter. Not just because of writers block, although that played a role as well, but just because of lack of time.

So anyway, this book isn't about my problems, this is about puny mortals meeting demigods. Well, and sometimes other demigods. 

Happy Holidays!

Kaitlyn POV

Hi! I'm Kaitlyn Gilmore! I'm a sophomore at Washington and Lee University. And I'm asking Jason Grace out today! O.M.G! He's just soooo attractive. He has bright blue eyes, buzzed blond hair with a little dent on the side and glasses that are super adorable!

So I approached him while he was talking to his friend, Leonard, or something. "Heeey Jason!" I said with a flirtatious wink. 

"Hi." He answered, looking uncomfortable. Then he turned back to his friend. "So I was thinking-"

"Jason, I was thinking maybe we could go out tonight." I put my hand on his chest and sidled closer.

"Sorry Katherine-" he started, removing my hand with two fingers.

"Kaitlyn."

"Right. I can't go out. I have a girlfriend."

"She doesn't have to know" I replied coyly, putting my hand back. 

"Yeah she kinda does. I have a date with her tonight anyway. So back off." He was getting kinda pissed and he stepped back so that my hand fell back to my side. 

"Bitch, step off my best friend or I'm gonna step on your face." The other boy said. 

"And who are you exactly?" I asked

"I'm Leo Valdez, and if you keep hitting on Jason, I will hurt you." He replied with a glare. I laughed. How could he, who is 3 inches shorter than even me and scrawny as fuck, step on my face?

"And how would you do that, short stack?"

He shrugged, "Like this." He took my arm and before I knew it, I was laying on my back. He had judo flipped me. 

"Dude! Where did you learn to do that?" Jason asked excitedly, completely forgetting my presence. 

"Annabeth. She's been giving me and Pipes lessons on hand to hand. I think I've gotten fairly good."

They don't ever make a move to help me up. So after standing, I stomp away with a huff, but linger near. I want to know where his so-called "date" with his "girlfriend" is going to be. I need to check out the competition. 

"Thank gods she's gone. I hate her so much." Jason said. he was probably lying... "I mean, she's such an idiotic bitch that couldn't do simple math. how did she even get into this college?" Well that was kinda rude. 

"I know right. So, anyway, where are you taking Piper tonight?" Leo asked. Ooh! Finally something I need to hear. 

"Ok, so I was thinking that we could go to the Grand Canyon for the weekend, since that's where it all started." 

"Ooh that's good. 'Dite's giving you a "ride" right?" Leo said, putting air quotes around the word "ride." How was Jason supposed to be getting to the Grand Canyon before Sunday? Our college is in Virginia... The Canyon is across the country. 

"Yeah. Well, she's arranging for one of the twins to pick us up. So we either leave around dusk or dawn... hoping it's dusk though. Riding with her on the way to a date... the awkwardness would be overwhelming. Especially since she tend to hate Pipes and her sisters."