Chapter Thirteen: Breakout

Allyson's P.O.V

"Damien thought I was hot?" I say when Callista finishes her story.

She throws her hands up in exasperation, "You're even worse than Damien!" she says, her voice taking on a hint of desperation, "And I could barely manage him!"

Robbie pats her on the back, "It's okay Callista, I'm in the same boat as you."

I stick my tongue out at him, being the mature, controlled Z hunter that I am, and smack him round the head, "You're one to talk Mr. 'I'm not letting you up until you say I'm sexy'."

Robbie rolls his eyes, "I'm a teenage guy, what do you expect?"

"I hate to break up a good fight, but what exactly is the plan?" one of the men... what'shisface says, glaring at us.

I return the expression a bit more dramatically than needed, "Well, since the Immortui have left us in this mess, I suppose we're going to have to find a way out of it.

The man stares at me incredulously, " That's your plan? Sit here until we die?"

I scoff, "Yes because I feel like dying. No stupid, the Immortui may be crafty, but they sure as hell aren't foolproof. There's always something they don't count on happening, like a single Z hunter taking down 50 Z's by herself.....or..." I reach out and pull the concealed lever, revealing a hatchway, "That same hunter finding their emergency escape."

The prisoners stars at me in wonder, Callista smiles and pats me on the back.

"I think I need to stop under-estimating you." she says, walking through the opening, "It just shows that you can't judge a book by it's cover."

I grin and usher the rest of the prisoners through the escape, when they're all through, Robbie stops and turns to me.

"Why didn't you just do that in the first place? He asks.

"Because, I wanted to use the flamethrower."

Robbie just shakes his head, " Now who's immature?" he mumbles under his breath.

"I heard that!" I say and push Robbie into the escape. I jump down and land on him.

"Jeez for such a small girl you weigh A LOT." Robbie huffs.

To make my point I elbow him in the stomach and stand up, twelve expectant faces stare at me.

"Well don't just stand there like Z's, we've got some ground to cover!" I exclaim, setting off down the dark tunnel at a brisk pace. Reluctantly everyone follows me, hesitant to plunge into the darkness.

"Allyson we can barely see let alone walk." Robbie whines from somewhere near the end of the procession.

I sigh, "Robbie, stop acting like a child, this is bound to lead somewhere. This is the Immortui's emergency escape for heaven's sake, they don't enjoy extra walking, I can gurantee that."

I hear Robbie huff, "Fine, but if we have to walk for more than ten minutes, we're stopping."

I just shake my head, that boy has trekked over the Rocky Mountains for hours in harsh conditions, why he can't manage ten minutes in a relatively okay tunnel is beyond my thoughts.

"Ah, see there Robbie, I told you!" I say happily as I spot a light up ahead.

"YAY!!" he cheers, pushing past everyone to get to the light.

"Robbie don't go into the light!" Callista chuckles from somewhere behind me. I crack a grin and follow him into the room.

Surprisingly, it's pretty high-tech for something owned by the Immortui. The whole room is sterile white colour, hurting as my eyes adjust to the brightness. Five computers sit along the back wall, the only objects in this room.

"Wow, are these real?" Callista exclaims, her eyes lighting up when she sees the technology that was lost to us after That Night.

"You bet." Robbie says, already fiddling with the machines.

The rest of the prisoners trickle into the room, staring in amazment at the computers.

I leave the 11 prisoners to their business and see what Robbie and Callista are doing.

"I never thought I'd get to use one of these again." Callista says, browsing through random information.

"Cool! This tells you how many living people are in this room!" Robbie exclaims.

"13 living souls." I read over his shoulder, "Kind of pointless but interesting."

Robbie gives a very unmanly giggle - yes giggle - and goes back to amusing his teenage boy mind with the computer, I let my gaze sweep over the assembled prisoners and notice something.

"Robbie did you say there were 13 people alive?"

"Yeah." he replies, turning to look at me.

"Then why are there 14 people in this room?"

So, here is whispersong312 back from her 3 week absence

I have to apologize

You see... our computer crashed and I've been really busy with school so I've had no time to update

But I typed this out on my iPod, just for you guys

Btw, the rest of Callista's story will be out soon, I couldn't get it to upload

-whispersong312 ;P