Chapter Eleven: Never Trust Your Enemy

Allyson's P.O.V

I stare out the door in disbelief, you've got to be kidding me.

"Uh Callista, are you sure that the gate entrance was right here?" Robbie says.

Callista slowly nods her head in disbelief, "I'm positive...the Immortui said..I..I don't know why..."

Sudden realization hits me and I turn around to face Callista, "And when have the Immortui EVER told the truth where it concerns us?"

Her face goes slack before adopting an expression much like mine, "Those selfish little bastards! If I get my hands on any one of them I'm going to stick my flamethrower up their...."

"CALLISTA!!"

".....asses..."

"Now is not the time to be describing where you're shoving what, right now we need to focus on exactly how we're going to get out of this compound." Robbie says.

I stare at him, since when did Robbie -the idiotic teenager- suddenly start being all authoritative.

"What's with all the shouting?" one of the other prisoners -a balding man probably in his fifties- says.

"Those S.O.B's that call themselves the Immortui lied to us." I say, turning away from Robbie and Callista to face the man, "There's no exit behind that door, just a bunch of bricks."

I step out of the way to let everyone see what was really behind the 'gate'.

"But...they said it was here?" A woman says

"We've already been over this. The Immortui are a bunch of lying bastards and Callista's going to shove her flamethrower up their asses."

"ALLYSON!! There are children in here." Robbie says, slapping a hand over my mouth. I lick it and he pulls his hand away in disgust. "REAL mature Allyson."

I raise my eyebrow at him and turn to Callista, "As soon as we find an Immortui, we'll need that flamethrower."

She grins and lightly punches me on the arm, "You know, I think I'm starting to like you."

"Feeling's mutal." I say

"Young man, what are you doing?" someone says from behind us.

Callista and I turn to see Robbie standing sheepishly beside an older woman.

"Robbie did you try to wipe the spit off on that lady?" I ask

He looks at the floor, not daring to make eye-contact, "No..I would never do something like that."

"Bad Robbie, go sit in the corner." I say in my best mean-teacher voice, pointing towards an empty corner.

Robbie doesn't even bother to argue, just shuffles over to the corner, I hear Callista chuckle.

"What?"

"You've got him wrapped around your little finger you know that?"

"I'm not catching your drift."

"Allyson don't play dumb, I know you're smarter than that. I've heard the Immortui talking. You're going to San Francisco aren't you?"

I'm taken aback, how could the Immortui have known we would be going to San Francisco? "What do you mean."

"You're going to San Francisco to hunt the Z known as the Bride of Boise." I open my mouth to say something but she shushes me. "You might think the Bride is an easy target. You're wrong. She's not, not by far. The Bride can sneak up behind you without even making a sound. If you're not careful, you'll be dead in minutes."