Chapter Five: Looks Can Be Deceiving

Just wanted to say sorry not uploading, vacation sucks without wi-fi. Anyways, hope you enjoy!

-whispersong312

Robbie's P.O.V

"Fine, stop acting like your normal self and come with me back to camp." Allyson laughs

"Kk, I say and immediately stop the depressed act, "But you know Allyson..." I begin, but a flicker of movement catches my attention, my eyes widen as I see one of the men Allyson fought staggering up. clutching a gun in his hand.

"Know what?" she says turning around.

"ALLYSON!!!" I yell as the man aims the gun and pulls the trigger. Allyson turns and looks at me with a confused expression. "HE'S GOT A GUN!!" She stares uncomprehendingly at me for a second before a red stain starts spreading across her side. "ALLYSON!!!" I scream again as she crumples to the ground.

I see the man bend over her, and I think he says something, but I can't hear everything over the pounding in my ears. I bring my gun up, about to blow this man's brains out when a hand lashes out from behind me and knocks the weapon from my hands.

"Naughty naughty." a voice says in a high pitched giggle. I blanch, all the colour draining out of my face.The Immortui, we've run into the Immortui. Shit.

The Immortui are a group of people formed after That Night dedicated to exterminating the zombie hunters. For some crazy reason they believe that the zombies are good, sent by God to wipe away the evil that is humanity and that anyone who tries to eradicate this 'blessing' deserve to be eradicated as well. So far they Immortui -Latin for 'undead'- have claimed the lives of over 120 hunters and 200 citizens, they aren't just criminals, they're insane. Sometimes sending unarmed people into rooms full of Z's, I've even heard rumours that they record the screams to torture others with. Running into them is the worst thing that can happen to a Z hunter, being eaten by a Z isn't as bad, it's definetly quicker.

"LET GO OF ME!!" I scream, driving my elbow at my attacker.

I feel something metal connect with my temple and I go limp, my vision clouding with black spots. I let out a small moan and I hear another giggle, a mad, high-pitched sound that terrifys me more than the man himself. "Come on little zombie hunter." another voice says, hauling me to my feet, "We have a big surprise planned for you."

I manage out a small, "No" before my vision blurrs over and I sink into the comforting arms of unconsiousness.

********

I wake up with a pounding headache and the feeling that I got hit with a pipe, oh wait. I was.

"Ah I see out little Zombie hunter has woken up." a voise says, spitting out the last two words like they were poison. "How are we doing?"

I try to reply but find that a dirty rag has been shoved into my mouth, I try to rip it off with my hands, but they are tied securely behind my back. The two men laugh at my expense. I stare at them with pure hatred, trying to expell my feelings through my eyes. They don't pay me any attention and turn back to their card game, giving me time to assess my surroundings. I'm in a dingy sort of room, lit by only a flickering light-bulb, the walls are bare of any decoration except for crisscrossing patterns of cracks in the concrete. The two men are sitting at a banged up table, sitting in equally busted chairs. A small, barred window set high up in the wall tells me that it's dawn, I've been unconcious for about 8 hours.

Using the trick Allyson taught me -why I have no idea- I use my tounge to slip the gag down, almost immediately I wish I didn't. The foul smell of rotten meat invades my nose and mouth, causing me to retch, the two men look at me.