Chapter Six: The Z Arena

Allyson's P.O.V

"Allyson wake up." I hear someone say.

I let out a sigh of frustration. Great, I'm still in the dream.

"Allyson get up."

Ok that wasn't in the dream.

"ALLYSON GET YOUR ASS UP NOW!!!!"

Okay I'm not dreaming.

"What the hell dude?!?" I say, sitting up and rubbing my eyes, "I was getting my drugged induced beauty sleep. Which you kindly forced upon me."

"ALLYSON I'M NOT A FRICKIN IMMORTUI!"

"Oh hi Nathaniel." I say sarcastically.

"I'M NOT NATHANIEL!!"

"Hi Jay."

"ALLYSON!"

"Is currently occupied in a yelling match, please leave a message at the beep."

"IT'S ROBBIE!!"

"I'M NOT STUPID! OF COURSE IT'S YOU! WHO ELSE WOULD YELL AT ME LIKE I WAS STUPID!?"

"I CAN NAME A LOT OF PEOPLE!"

"BUT YOU HAVE A SPECIAL WAY OF INSULTING ME!!"

"THANK YOU!"

"WHY ARE WE SHOUTING?!?"

"BECAUSE SHOUTING IS FUN!"

I sigh and turn my head towards my hunting partner, "What happened to your face?" I say, brushing my fingers over the nasty looking bruise that covers his left temple.

Robbie winces at my touch, "Lead pipe." he says.

"Ouch."

"You're one to talk, you got a bullet put into you from less than twenty feet." he looks down at my side.

I follow his gaze and see a lump sticking out from my shirt, I pull it up and wince as the cloth jarrs the bandage. "So that's what hurt." I breathe.

Robbie looks down at the bandage and back to my face, "That's going to attract lots of Z's."

"What?!?" I almost yell.

"Yeah, the Immortui are putting us in the Z arena." he says, standing up.

I push myself up off the floor and stare him in the face, "The Z Arena?"

He nods and looks up from his shoes, "Fifteen minutes."

I bite my lip, something I do when I'm nervous. "Are we going in with anyone else?"

He shakes his head, "They're sending us in alone with two knives."

I bite through my lip and instantly the metallic taste floods my mouth. We can take down all the Z's in there with our knives but then the Immortui will just leave us in the Arena until we die from dehydration or starvation. Either way, five days from now I'll be dead...unless we find a way out.

Robbie seems to be thinking the same thing as me, "Where?"

"I don't know." I whisper.

In all my years of hunting Z's it's never once crossed my mind that I might die, now that it's a possibility...I don't know, it's just something totally alien to me. Even on That Night, I really wasn't that scared. Even when I saw my parents go down, it all felt like some sort of joke. Maybe I wasn't born with any fear cells, I don't know, I'm not scared of anything until I'm staring at it straight in the face. For death, I suppose I would actually feel the fear when in the last moment of my life.

I'm still debating whether or not I have fear calls when the metal door slams open from behind us. Robbie and whirl around and come face to face with a particularly ugly man. A long scar runs down the side of his face, grotesquely distorting his facial features. In fact, it looks as if he's just stepped out of a horror movie.

"We're ready for you now." he says, twisting his features into a crude imitation of a smile and sweeping his arms towards the door.

I suppress a shudder and hold my head high, walking past the man without even giving him a second glance. I'm a zombie hunter for crying out loud! I don't think I'll be bursting into tears because of the fact I'm soon going to see some, and I'm sure as hell not going to be showing any weakness in front of this freak show.

We enter into a darkened hallway, devoid of any decoration except a metal door at the very end. The man follows us out the door and closes it soundlessly. "Right this way." he says, placing a hand on each of our backs and steering us down the hallway. I have to fight the urge to push his hand off, no need to give him any satisfaction at our discomfort.

We reach the end of the hallway and the man removes his hands. He reaches into his pocket and retrieves a small brass key. He inserts it into a lock -which honestly, I hadn't noticed- and pushes the door open, revealing a small, cramped looking room. He gives us a shove and promptly slams the door in our faces as we turn around in protest.

"I hate him." Robbie says

"I'm pretty sure the feelings mutual." I say, taking in my surroundings.

This room is small, very small. It's about as wide as I can extend my arms and is probably about 15 feet long, however, the ceiling appears to be at least twenty feet away, which is odd considering the other measurements. There appears to be some sort of hatchway embedded in the wall a few feet above my head, but even if I could reach it, I doubt I could open it.

"Allyson why exactly do you think we were brought here?" Robbie asks, feeling the gray walls with his hands.

"It's a landing stage." I say. Wow, where did that come from from?

"What do you mean?" Robbie says, looking at me with a confused expression.

I gaze around the room, now that I've said it, it does look like a landing platform. "Well see that hatchway?" I say, pointing upwards, "I'm betting that we're going to receive our supplies out of that. Robbie nods his head though I'm pretty sure he doesn't understand what I'm talking about. "And the fact that this room is so tall, the arena is right above us, when they're ready for us, the ceiling is probably going to slide open."

"But how are we going to get up there?" Robbie asks.

"This is probably going to lift us up there, that would also explain those little cracks where the floor meets the wall." I reply, noticing them for the first time.

"Oh I see.." Robbie says as something comes clattering down the chute.

We both turn towards the hatchway as two knives safely tucked into leather sheaths come sliding out of the chute, landing in front of my feet, I bend over and scoop them up, flicking my wrist to send one in Robbie's direction. I straighten, "I think they're ready."

All of a sudden, we hear a whir of machinery and bright, light fills the room as the ceiling is cranked open. When it opens fully, the platform shoots up and out the opening, stopping with a faint clicking sound. I blink furiously as I try to get my eyes adjusted to their surroundings.

"Now little zombie hunters, lets see how well you do in our arena."

Hello

I is back

I know this is pretty short but you can blame writer's block for that

I'd like to give a SHOUTOUT to 13owlz13 for pestering me until I updated and for telling me to give her a shoutout

Also, SHOUTOUT to narglebot for making me do the dare which resulted in me getting stalked by seagulls (true story)

and I'd also like to make a shoutout, SHOUTOUT!!

Thumbs up if you know where that's from ;)

Also I'll be gone for two weeks on vacation (again) thet're is no wifi there so i won't be updating :'(

but don't worry, I'll go on an updating rampage! 4+ chapters!!

whispersong312