Prolouge: That Night

I was ten years old when the world fell into ruin. I had a caring family, had lots of friends and did well in school. Now, I'm sixteen years old. I have no family, my only friend is my hunting partner Robbie and there's no such thing as school anymore. 

Six years ago the world's population was nearing seven billion. After the first night there was only 10,000 living souls. That was featured on the last news broadcast ever. Since then even more have died. The only thing I'm sure of is that South America, Africa, Asia, Australia and Mexico harbour no living souls. No one here knows why all those countries succumbed to the plague but we don't have time to research that question. None of that technology survived. The new North America- Canada and the United States- haven't been in contact with the last surviving Continent Europe in over five years. From what I've heard, it wasn't any better over there than it was here. I expect they're in the same state we are right now, but maybe all the Europeans are dead now, that's the problem with no technology, we don't know anything for sure. 

Mankind was always infatuated with stories of upcoming apocalypses. With all that 'knowledege' it's to bad they didn't know what to do when a real one occurred. Instead of trying to solve the problem, they panicked and made it worse. Instead of trying to ask other countries for help. They abandoned them to death. 

I can't remember exactly what happened on That Night, but I can remember the screams. Men, women and children, all screaming. 

The screams were better than the silence of death.

My name is Allyson. I live in what used to be California, U.S.A. The population of living people on Earth is probably 8,000. The population of dead is almost 7 billion. There's no such thing as electricity and television. Big cities like New York and Paris are gone. The only cities now are refugee camps with only 100 people. At age sixteen I'm supposed to be in high school, stressing about finals or prom.Instead, I'm hunting the monsters that destroyed the world. Zombies.

Thank to my bestie narglebot for telling me to read Rot and Ruin (great book btw) and inspriring me to make this story. :)

And, under NO CIRCUMSTANCES WHATSOEVER should anyone copy this story.

I have my connections and ways of getting what I want

So NO COPYING

If you can't write a story  by yourself then don't copy others, i mean, what's it gonna do for you? get you fined?

Just don't copy the story and we'll get along just fine, if you do however....