Chapter 29

"I left because you never asked me to stay"

Arshita's Pov

I was woken up by the loud ringing of my phone that too on a Saturday morning when I didn't planned to get up.

I reached for my phone from the side drawer groaning and looked at the name which showed, "Donald"

As soon as I picked it up he started speaking, "Hey gud morning sleepyhead!" I sighed and sat up on my bed, "Morning!" I said in my sleepy voice.

"You were still sleeping?" He asked and I made a face, "Yess and you decided to ruin it." I said and he chuckled. How can he laugh after ruining my sleep?

"So what is it?" I asked, "Are you free today" he said and I thought for a second and that's when it hitted me, "Shitt! Shitt! It's Saturday. How can I forget?" I blabbered.

"What happened?" He asked confused. "I need to go to the museum today for my project with......." I stopped.

"With Siddharth?" he asked slowly and I replied, "Umm.. Yeah!"

"Umm fine!" he said which sounded annoyed, "But don't forget that we're having a cookout at Ayushi's on Sunday okay!" he exclaimed.

"Yeah right! I won't" I said and after that hung the phone and got ready to leave.

It didn't seemed difficult before as it did right now when I was here in the museum's parking lot sitting in my car. I could see Siddharth standing at a distance but he didn't noticed me.

It felt as I didn't wanted to step out of the car and just drive back right now but I couldn't so I took a deep breathe telling myself I can do it! And finally I stepped out of the car and walked upto him.

As I walked closer he looked up and saw me. I came and stood in front of him, neither of us spoke for a moment and when the silence was too much to tolerate I finally blurted,"Let's go"

The museum was nearly empty, leaving the old people roaming around and a group of some school kids with thier teachers.

I and Siddharth didn't talked much, just discussed about our strategies and how we'll be doing this and then we just worked as to ourselves, clicked pictures and made notes.

We were like two complete strangers, like two classmates who were simply forced to spend a day together to work on this shitty project and who didn't even knew each other and I'd assume it was like this only .

I mean sure he was the same Siddharth I'd grown up with but in this short span of time which we spent apart from each other, we'd changed.

Atleast I did.

We finished our work early and I looked at him as he was packing his stuff not once looking at me and then I thought maybe we can stay like this, like nothing happened and just bury our past deep to even remember it.

I was bought out of my thoughts when a man mistakenly pushed me from behind on the stairs and made my leg sprain becoz of which I fell on the floor.

Immediately Siddharth came and sat beside me, "Shit! Arshu are you okay?"

"I'm fine, it's okay" I said trying to get up and he helped me holding by my waist and pulled me up and took us out of the museum to the parking lot.

"I'm fine, it'll be okay" I said but he didn't listened. He made me sit in my car sideways and tried twisting my foot slowly.

"Shit!" I said out of pain, "I'm sorry" he said and I nodded, "It's okay it's not your fault"

"I'm sorry" he again said and I looked at him, "It's nothi—" I was saying when he cuts me off, "I'm not talking about this!" he said.