Chapter 27

"When I crashed into you, I fell into an infinite sea of love"

Arshita's Pov

Next day when I got up, last night's pictures flashed infornt of my eyes and I was smiling when there was a knock on my door and as I looked up I found my mom standing at the door.

She came in and sat infront of me. I looked at her in confusion as things between us were still not good. As if she read my thoughts and spoke up, "Can we talk" She asked and I just nodded.

"I was Shubman's car in the backyard?" She asked with a questioning look.

"Ahh it's just I.... It's not what you... think.. It's just -" I was blabbering and when she cuts me, "It's fine! I just asked"

"You didn't went to college today so I just came to check up on you" she said and I looked up.

"You checked up on me?" I asked, I didn't wanted to sound it like that but a look of guilt covered her face when I said this so I suddenly tried to cover up.

"Aditi ki mom hospital me thi and I went to meet her" I said looking down at my hands, "And then at night I wasn't able to sleep and I don't know why but I started missing dad."

"I miss him too" she said softly and I looked at her, "I really miss him."

I didn't said anything as taking my silence as a cue she continued "I'm sorry" she said and my eyes snapped to her.

The fact that she was saying sorry was shocking, I've been waiting for this too long, I know I've been rude, irritating, mannerless but she knew that she was wrong too.

"It's just that when your father left us I wasn't able to cope up with my feeling, I stayed in room for days and didn't stopped crying." she said and tears were already falling from her eyes, "And there was you, tumne akele apna khayal rakha and you survived so well alone, also performed well in your studies and didn't asked anyone for anything"

"And I'm really sorry for that Arshu" she said and kept her hand on my cheek caressing it.

"I didn't wanted to be a burden" I said trying to keep my voice steady.

"I know and I'm sorry" she said and I nodded, "Yeah" I said, "Me too"

We sat in silence and it felt like all the disputes, the fights, the arguments that kept hanging between us just got washed away and we were closer now.

"Arshu" she spoke after sometime.

"Mmm?"

"That still doesn't explain Shubman's car"
______

I walked downstairs and saw that my mom cooked breakfast for us and I was more that happy to have a proper meal with her after so long.

"So?" she asked and I looked up, "Shubman?" she said.

"Umm yeah! Actually he's not that bad" I said and before she could say anything our doorbell rang.

Mom was getting up but before that I rushed to the door cuz I had a feeling about the person at the door.

I opened the door to meet with a smiling Shubman and he waved at me. "Why am I not surprised?" I asked.