Chapter 20

"Maybe a soulmate is a best friend who makes you love yourself more"

Arshita's Pov

As soon as the bell rang for the lunch I gathered my things cuz I have been waiting for it since morning not because I was hungry but I wanted to have a word with Shubman.

He had been unusually quiet since morning and over our ride to school. He didn't seem like himself and didn't even talked much. He wasn't being all worked up for showing our relationship or anything, something was up with him.

It's been a week since we had declared our relationship "official" in front of the whole college and a week since he told me that his mother wanted to meet me.

The mere thought of it was enough to give me a heart attack. We haven't even decided what we'll do or what will happen. He just told me that his mom was waiting for her schedule to be free. So, one way or another, I was going to meet his mom soon.

The last few days had been eventful, everyone was busy with themselves so we didn't hung out much. Shubman would drop out at the time of dinner so I didn't had to eat dinner alone.

I was observing that Shubman was becoming a part of my daily life, we hung out more with each other. I was beginning to see how we treated each other before we became friends.

That means I had grown to read him better and what I saw in the morning was telling me that something's up with Shubman.

I should have asked him in the morning because the curiosity or maybe the worry didn't let me focus in my class. Finally the literature class ended and I was heading out but our teacher stopped me, "Miss Arora" she said, "Can I talk to you for a sec"

I turned to look at her when the everyone left I walked upto her desk "Yess ma'am"

She picked some papers from her desk and came towards me. I was trying to assume what it could, I was not even failing in this class,it was favourite, I didn't do anything wrong, so what could it be.

She came and smiled saying "I've printed some of your works" I looked at her without any idea what she was talking about, "They're really good" she said and I looked up.

My thoughts came to a halt, I was stunned to listen what she just said. "Ohh" was all I could mutter.

"Are you a part of any writing club of the college" she asked and shooked my head no.

"No?" She asked, "You should be they're really good, I especially like the second one" she said.

Knowing which one it was I looked down at the ground not speaking anything.

I just happened to love reading cuz dad loved it and I really liked literature but I never thought that my poems could impress anyone. I just wrote what came to my mind.

"Poetic love" she suddenly said and I looked up "You write what your heart speaks" she said, "How often do you write?"

"I don't" I said "I mean.. I don't write much" I said.

"You should" she said and took out a, folded paper from her purse. "I go to this writing seminar very often, and I found that there's this writing contest for teenage writers. Your poems are lovely and so I was wondering how well can you do"

She handed me the paper and when I looked down to see what it is, I realized it was a flyer.

"You should give it a shot" She said.

"I'm don't.... I mean I'm not that good" I said.

"Why not?" she asked, "Umm.. I'm not much of a writer" I said.