Chapter 2

You wake up in a nearly pitch-black room. Your eyes take a few seconds to adjust to the lighting before you can make out the vague blur of bodies around you. Not dead bodies, or, at least you hope not. You’re pretty sure that they’re moving and breathing.

Your doubts are answered as the one nearest you shuffles towards you. “Hello?” A soft voice whispers. Odd; the voice sounds so familiar, but yet not…

“Uh, hi?” You reply uncertainly, wary of the person moving towards you. This could be dangerous.

“Oh my gosh. Are you that girl?” Is that…? “(Y/N), right?”

“Yeah…Who are you? Who’s with you?”

“We’re Black Veil Brides.” You recognize Andy’s deep voice from the various Bryan Stars interviews you watch all the time. He comes towards you, or at least, you think that’s him.

The other one, you realize, is CC. Behind them you barely make out the faces of the others, still donning their war paint. Ashley’s legs are drawn up against his body as he leans back against the wall; his head hangs down on his knees. He looks so depressed. A small snoring comes from Jake who lies on the ground, fast asleep.

“Wh-what happened?” You struggle to let the words escape your shaky lips, and realize that past the confusion of having just woken up, you are terrified to death. Even your legs are shaking, your heart is pumping; sweat dribbles down the back of your neck.

“Right after the show, during the Meet ‘N Greet, there was a giant explosion from one of the nearby stages,” Andy replies, glancing down at the ground.

“All of a sudden, I feel myself being grabbed and shoved around and then I see this man in black, right before I passed out. I remember waking up inside of a van and falling unconscious again,” CC adds.

You had not even noticed Jinxx in the corner until he gave his own answer. “We were all taken, as you can see…but why you as well?”

“I don’t know,” you say simply, shrugging your shoulders. “How’d they get past security?”

“That’s what scares me.” Ashley speaks through muffled arms, not even bothering to look up. “I know it happened once with Andy, but all five of us? That takes serious manpower. No offense, (Y/N).”

“None taken.” There is a silent pause. “I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.” You sigh.

Then you hear footsteps pounding and voices outside, coming from an area you presume to be the entrance to the room. Immediately you and everyone around you is put on alert; Andy and CC stand, Ashley pokes his head up, Jinxx kicks Jake awake. You also get up, on guard for anything to happen. The door swings open and the lights switch on.

In front of you are three men, all heavyset and broad-shouldered. Each of them holds a different weapon: a gun, a knife, and a frying pan. When they enter the room, they shut the door behind them, obviously so that you can’t make a run for it. You start sweating; you feel your blood rippling through your body nervously. This isn’t going to turn out too well.

“My name is A.” The man holding the pistol steps forward, identifying himself as the ringleader. Andy walks up to him and gets in his face with a defiant snarl.

“This is B,” the man continues nonchalantly, motioning to the knife-holding lad on his left, “and this is C.” He points to the other on his right, holding the frying pan. All have somewhat evil grins on their faces.

“Who are you and what do you want?” Andy growls in his deep voice, trying to assert his dominance.

“Look around you.” A shrugs, causing you and the others to look around the room. The walls are covered in colorful graffiti shouting statements like ‘Black Veil Brides sucks!’ and ‘BVB is stupid’, and plenty of other vulgar sayings you dare not repeat; there are posters of the members with rude mustaches, glasses or devil horns decorating their caricatures. You see everyone’s face heat with anger, and feel some coming on inside you, too. But you can’t do anything about it.