Chapter 17 (part 2)

When you arrive at the church where the funeral will be held, the sky is dark and dreary; the perfect weather for the event. Gloomy clouds crowd over the tall spire, ruining the mood of the stained glass windows decorating the entire side of what is probably the sanctuary. Your parents have just dropped you off; you walk up the front steps of the cathedral alone.

To be honest, you are a little nervous as you walk in, greeted with a bunch of strangers in black just milling around the lobby. You gather a few strange looks, of course being a completely unfamiliar face. Where are my friends? Where are Jake and CC, Jinxx, Ashley...

"You're here," a deep voice says behind you. Turning around, you feel relieved to see the one and only (and very tall) Andy Biersack standing there with a small smile on his face. He's wearing the nicest black suit you have ever seen, and you wonder if it was expensive. However much it is, it looks great on him.

"Yep," you shrug awkwardly. "So...it's starting soon, right?"

He turns and looks up at a small clock on the wall. "Just a few more minutes. Mind if I escort you to the sanctuary?" Holding out his arm, he offers it to you and you take it, blushing slightly.

Andy leads you to the third row, as the first two are exclusively labeled "For Family". Nobody else from the band seems to be here yet.

"Are you alright? You seem a little on edge," Andy whispers as you sit down.

"Yeah," you whisper back. "It's just that I don't know anybody here, and you're famous, and..."

He laughs softly. "Don't worry about it, you're fine. Nobody cares."

The other members arrive just before the funeral starts; for the duration of the service, you sit with silent respect and watch the pastor give the generic "she's in a better place" speech. Some people stand up and give eulogies, telling stories about Juliet's life and the roots of her musical career. Towards the end, Andy stands up to give his own speech.

"Juliet was...a beautiful woman. She was my best friend, and she loved me until the very end." He goes on for a decent amount of time, and while he speaks you notice the tears gathering in his eyes. A few minutes later he comes back to sit down.

"Are you okay?" It is now your turn to whisper.

He doesn't respond, only looks at you with water-rimmed blue eyes. You take his hand and grip it tightly. I'm here for you, Andy.

The memorial ends and then most of the guests leave; you go to stand up and join them, but Andy grips your arm. "I have to help bury the casket with her father and brother. Please stay with me." So you agree, and the two of you are whisked away in a limousine to the graveyard.

It is a dim and silent ride, and then you stand by the gravesite as Andy, Mr. Simms and her brother Tommy pick up the coffin and set it inside the ground, then shovel dirt back on top of it. When Andy comes away from it, he is crying again. "Let's go." You take his hand and the two of you begin walking back to your vehicle.

At first it is just as somber as the ride, but you are getting bored of the quiet; so you break the silence. "I know today was hard for you."

Andy takes a deep breath. "Yeah...it was. Really hard."

"How is therapy going?"

"Good, I guess...the woman is pretty nice. I guess I feel better than I did before. But it still hurts to talk about it every week."

"Do you want to keep visiting her, or...?"

"I should, I really should, but I don't want to."

"You can't heal overnight; it's just not going to happen, you know?"

"I know."

He ends the conversation there, obviously not wanting to discuss it further. You completely understand; if you had lost someone so close to you, you wouldn't want to talk about it either. So you don't say another word as you reach the limousine and open the door.

"Oh, uh...wait," Andy says. You stop before entering the car. "Yes?"

"I have something I need to ask you."

"What is it?"

He steps towards you and confidently puts his arms around you, taking you by surprise. "Well...uh, this is sudden."

"(Y/N), look at me."

"Okay..." You look up into his blue eyes; his gaze is almost overpowering. What is going on?

"You know how...you know, that night...when you talked to me...and you, uh, kind of said you loved me..."

Oh, that. Embarrassment brings back the memories of your accidental word slippage. Where he is going with this?

"And then, uh, I kissed you."

"Yes...I remember."

"I was kinda still wondering if you feel that way."

"Uh, well, um..." The truth is I've had a crush on you for the longest time and I've loved your music for even longer and I don't know, now that I've actually gotten to spend time with you I've liked you even more and I'm glad I could help you and oh gosh what I said was really embarrassing but then you kissed me and I can't believe that happened but uhhhh "I guess." That was a terrible thing to say. "Yes! I mean, yes." Now I've done it.

"Good."

"What?" Now I'm just confused. Andy gives you one of those side smirks, the kind that could make fangirls faint. Not that you are a fangirl; but, I mean, come on.

"Good, because, I was wondering...would you help me?"

"Help you what?"

"Help me...heal. Be on my side, for a long time." You can clearly see how awkward he feels, although he's trying his hardest to not make that known, which makes it even cuter.

You laugh, finally seeing what he's trying to get at. "Are you asking me to be your girlfriend?"

He looks at the ground and smiles, his cheeks becoming the tiniest shade of crimson. "Yeah."

"Yes."

He looks up at you and smiles softly. "Thank you. I mean, thank you for always being there with me, even if I pushed you and the others away, and you mean so much to me and-"

Before you can stop yourself, you find yourself pressing your lips against his. He kisses you back, and there you are.

You are going to help Andy Biersack heal.