Chapter 1

You look up at the stage with a huge smile on your face. You have had the perfect view the whole time- in the very front, so close you almost got to touch Andy’s combat boots as he paced up and down the walkway. Too bad your arms were too short. You could’ve sworn he looked straight at you, though.

“Did everybody have a great time?” Ashley asks, speaking into his headset. You notice his Outlaw tattoo on his stomach, partially covered by the bass he holds. The crowd goes wild in reply.

“I SAID, DID EVERYBODY HAVE A GREAT TIME?!” he shouts again, prompting the BVB army around you to scream even louder. You join into the chorus.

“Good!” He flashes a giant smile, making some fangirl behind you yell, “I love you Ashley!”

“We’re going to be packing up shortly, but you are ALL invited backstage for a little meet n’ greet! Can’t wait to see your beautiful faces!” Andy adds. Everybody screams once more. With that, you watch as he turns around and goes out of sight, followed by Ashley, Jake, Jinxx, and last of all, CC.

The mass of people immediately flock out of the area and around to the back of the Kia Forte stage, forming a crazy, disorganized line. You feel crushed from every side as bodies press against you, shoving you backwards or surging you forward with them. After a small attempt to break free, you decide to follow the flow.

Eventually the line of fans slows down to a non-chaotic line, and you find yourself near the front. The two tables with the Black Veil Brides members are only twenty feet ahead. It won’t be long before you meet your celebrity crushes. Warped Tour is the best, you think to yourself.

Only ten minutes later, you find yourself standing in front of CC, the best drummer in the entire world.

“Hey, there.” He gives you a friendly smile, holding out his hand to shake. “What your name?” You can’t believe this is actually happening.

“I’m (Y/N),” you say, shaking his hand and returning the smile. Then you notice the pen in his hand. “Oh, before I forget…” You unroll the poster you had been holding in your hand for the whole of Warped Tour, just so they could sign it. It’s long and has the image of the Wretched and Divine: Story of the Wild Ones album cover on it. You hand it to him.

“Thanks.” Taking it, he signs his name, adding a drawing of drumsticks and a heart, sliding it over to Jinxx. “There you go. Have a great Warped Tour!”

While Jinxx is signing it, Andy and Ashley take notice of you. You walk over in front of them.

“Hi. What’s your name?” Ashley asks, apparently not having heard CC ask you earlier.

“I’m (Y/N).”

“Nice to meet you, (Y/N).” He flashes you another of his smiles and receives your poster from Jake.

“Hey, I’m Batman,” Andy introduces himself as if that was his real name, but you notice that he has a hard time keeping his face serious. After a moment of silence, he breaks into a chuckle. “Just kidding. Nice to meet you.” You feel a small blush rising on your cheeks. The other band members are amazing, of course, but you have a special thing for Andy Biersack.

“C-can I have a picture with you and Ashley?” you ask nervously, stuttering.

“Of course!” Andy grins as he and Ashley come out from behind the table. As you pull out your phone, Jake comes to help take the picture.

To your delight, they both step close to you and put their arms around your shoulders. You are unsure of what to do, so you just stand there awkwardly and smile as Jake takes the picture. Andy and Ashley pull away and Andy leans over the table to be the last to sign your poster.

“Thanks, guys. You’re amazing,” you say as he hands it back to you, rolled up nicely.

“No, you’re amazing. Thanks for being a part of the BVB army.” Andy replies with a smile. You walk away from the table, floating on air. This is the best day ever.

You don’t get five feet before the earth shakes underneath your feet, knocking you to the ground. Screams are heard. You turn your head to see orange flames licking at a nearby stage and a flood of people running away in panic. Was that an earthquake? A fire? Feet and legs cover your line of sight; people trip over you as you lie helplessly on the ground, constantly being kicked.

All of a sudden you feel yourself being lifted up from the ground. Who is this? You are too shocked to understand just what exactly is going on. You turn to see who your rescuer is, secretly hoping for it to be Andy Biersack, but all you see is a man dressed all in menacing black, wearing a ski mask. Looking ahead, you see a white van, and realize the danger of the situation.

All you know is that you need to escape, now. Panicking, you flail around and around, trying to release yourself, but the man’s grip is too strong. He covers your mouth with a dirty hand before you can scream for help; with his other hand he drags you towards the vehicle. I’m screwed I’m screwed I’m screwed, you think to yourself as you fight weakly. You try slobbering on his hand, but he holds on anyway. He moves too fast for you to kick or punch him. You are totally at his mercy.

“Andy!” A feminine voice calls out through the destruction. You turn your head to see a beautiful woman with very short hair standing there, a desperate look on her face as people shove past her, still eager to escape the chaos.

You follow her line of sight and notice a man in a poncho holding none other than Andy Biersack right next to the van, struggling to shove him inside. The victim jerks up his head. “Juliet!” he yells back, fighting even harder to get away, just as you are. But he doesn’t reach her; the man in the poncho overpowers him, stuffing him into the backseat. Then a gunshot is heard, and all of a sudden you see Juliet collapse to the ground. He shot her, you realize, just before blacking out.