Chapter 14

Day 8 of being kidnapped

The final day

Today is the day.

Today is the day you face our doom, the fate that none of you deserve. Today is the last shot you will ever have and from here, it all comes down to escape or death. Two simple paths. You never imagined getting kidnapped, starved, exhausted and mentally beaten down, day after day after day; yet here you are. Completely helpless. Completely alone.

True to the pattern of previous nights, you couldn't manage to fall asleep. But last night wasn't just a lay-awake-thinking-thanks-to-insomnia kind of night like the previous; last night was a pace-around, reflect-on-the-fact-that-you-might-die-tomorrow kind of night. And it wasn't nearly as almost-peaceful as the former could be.

As the room lightens, signaling the coming of daytime, you look around at the members of Black Veil Brides, noticing their worn faces, their smudged makeup, their entire tired selves. You remember seeing them onstage- what was it, a week ago?- and being so close to them; they were so full of energy, giving their music all they had, practically pouring their souls into their instruments and microphones. It was an amazing sight. But now you see what they have been reduced to- blank messes devoid of any sign of happiness, their eyes replaced with utter despair. You want to stay positive, but all you can think about is how you are going to die together. Together, but completely alone. At least they have each other; but you are alone in that you are just a fan. Just a stupid girl who managed to get caught up in all of this. And none of this is even anybody's fault. How twisted is that?

You have to do something about it.

You have to make a stand, reach for life one more time. Perhaps it will grab your wrist and pull you up off the edge of the cliff, onto safe land.

Or perhaps it will drop you into the black abyss, leaving you a memory in the minds of those you love and a splinter in their hearts.

Without a word, you watch each member barely come to life, one by one. Andy is the first to stir, followed by Ashley. Jinxx is the next, and it takes a little time for the other two, but Christian and Jake soon come to terms with the daylight and sit up.

You exchange glances with Andy and see the brokenness in those blue eyes; the eyes that used to be able to pierce even through the darkness, but they are now faded to an almost grey shade. You manage to pull away and make eye contact with everybody else, yet all of you remain silent, congregationally accepting your fate together.

But you can't stand this any longer.

"Guys." You speak the first words of the morning, capturing everybody's attention. "We still have today. Let's make it count."

"What's the point, (Y/N)?" Christian asks. "Do you have any other ideas? Brilliant plans? A secret superpower hidden up your sleeve that lets you turn into Batman?"

"No," you reply. A possible third plan had crossed your mind last night, and now is the time to bring it up, or at least you figure so. "But we could try one of the other two again."

"Which one?" Judging by the unamused stares you receive, they don't look too excited to fail the same way twice.

"We got farther with Plan B," you suggest. "I know they have guns, but if we can find some way to dodge around those, we can catch them off guard."

"You're asking an awful lot," Ashley ponders. "None of us are Superman. We're not faster than speeding bullets."

"Do you want to get out of here or not?" Christian says sharply. "Do you have any better ideas?"

"Woah, calm down, man." Ashley raises his hands in defense.

"I'm sorry..." CC dips his head a little, staring at a spot on the grey concrete floor. "I just want to get out of here. But we don't have a lot of options, and unless any of you can brainstorm new ideas for escape, I think (Y/N)'s right. Repeating a previous attempt is the only way."

"I think the one from yesterday is the better option," Jinxx inputs.

"Andy and Jake? Are you cool with it?" Ashley looks at the two people who haven't spoken at all; they only grunt a reply. "Okay. Let's get ready for them at lunchtime."

"I don't think we should wait that long; that seems like the time they take us," Jake finally suggests. "Breakfast."

"But we don't know how soon that will be."

"Better get going now, then." He stands up, stretching his arms out and proceeding to pop his back. The rest of you follow suit, helping each other up and stretching. It's all happening so fast.

OoooOoooO

Five minutes later, you are all posed and ready to go in the same positions as yesterday, though everybody seems to be struggling to even keep their bodies upright. Your stomach growls loudly as you stand there, reminding you of the lack of nutrition your body screams out for. Maybe it'll all be over soon. No, (Y/N). Don't think like that. You can't give up now.

He comes sooner than you expected. Down the hall, you hear the infamous footsteps approaching. On the other side of the door, the person whistles cheerily, turning your stomach; he whistles like he's about to do something innocent instead of underfeeding six starving people slated for death row. I swear they're all psychopaths.

The knob turns and everybody visibly tenses up, ready to pounce on the visitor, whoever that may be. "Good morning, losers!" You barely have time to register C's sickeningly cheerful hello before he sweeps through the doorway.

Everything happens at once. The two in the front, Ashley and Jinxx- who you had determined were the strongest- tackle him head-on. But this time you are prepared to cover his mouth. As soon as he hits the ground, Christian and Jake hold his arms down and Andy, holding a ripped-up excuse for a gag made out of scraps from his and Ashley's shirts crudely knotted together shoves it in his mouth while you make sure he stays quiet. Now you have to knock him out, because you can't hold him there forever. Andy kicks him in the forehead, making sure to be effective this time around with an extra-powerful hit. Kevin's head slumps to the ground, signaling his success.

Looking down at the limp body, Andy rubs his hands together. "That was good."

"Good thing it was him, out of any of the three," you say, staring at the man on the ground. "If it had been the main guy...I don't think we could've done it."

"Does he have a gun?" Ashley asks. Andy crouches down and carefully turns him on his back, revealing a holster at his side. He reaches into it and pulls out the weapon.

"Good. We're going to need it. Now, let's get out of here."

You don't need to be told twice. With Andy leading the way and slight confidence gaining with every step, the six of you run out of the room into the hallway.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The end is getting close- are you guys ready for it? It's getting tense!

I ended up writing this all in one night, and then editing it the next, so I guess it's a bonus/quick chapter. Even if I did make it a cliffhanger. sorrynotsorry

Also, sorry for any weird formatting that may or may not happen. I have to copy and paste these from Microsoft Word (bring the old layout back!) And thanks to those who answered my questions in the comments last chapter! You're awesome!