Chapter 17 (part 1)

(Y/L/N)- Your last name

Uploading both parts at once! Happy reading!

                                                                                    3 weeks later

So, what happened then? What happened after the police burst in, and the hospital scene?

Three weeks after the entire ordeal finally came to a close, you were released from the hospital, having gained back enough weight and rested enough to be able to function normally. Jake's wound was stitched up and all taken care of and, although he has a hard time walking, he is still as alive as ever. Jinxx, Christian and Ashley all turned out to be fine, aside from some minor trauma.

The infamous kidnapping trio, Andrew Sponheim, Charles Sandal and Kevin Zacharies, were caught and restrained in the warehouse you had been held captive in, found with significant head and body damage and later turned over to imprisonment after records revealed previous kidnapping and murder attempts.

As for Andy- after managing to speak advice to him in the hospital room and encouraging him from afar, he began to receive professional help and visited a psychiatrist to help him through his grief. The band itself was obviously put on hiatus, as much bigger issues than not playing music had arisen. Everybody was given time to recover in their own respects.

Now you are back home, sitting at the kitchen counter. The morning rays of the sun blast through the nearby window, illuminating your already warm body. As you sift through the previous week's mail, you find yourself reflecting on how miserable and close to death you were and appreciate how safe and secure you are now; hopefully you will never be put in any similar situations again.

Nothing, nothing...whereas there are usually at least two or three envelopes addressed to your name, this week seems to have yielded nothing. Guess I didn't miss much while I was gone.

Wait! The very last one just so happens to be addressed to you; you glance up at the corner to see who it's from.

A.B.

The sending address is a P.O. box number, as if the sender didn't want their address to be known. Who is this from?

Opening the envelope with caution, you very meticulously pull out a attractive monochrome invitation; a fancy, yet basic design for a card. The front reads In Loving Memory. What?

You continue to open the card and everything becomes clear after you read the adjoining lines:

To a Miss (Y/N) (Y/L/N):

You have been cordially invited to attend the private funeral of Miss Juliet Nicole Simms...

But why would you be invited to Juliet's funeral? You're not anybody famous. Compared to who would be there, you are just a nobody.

There's more at the bottom, a handwritten note underneath the formal text.

Hey, (Y/N)- hope you can make it. It would mean a lot to me if you were there. Thanks.

- Andy

Oh, I should've known those were his initials on the envelope. Andy invited you to Juliet's funeral? Why would it mean a lot to him? There are so many questions you have, but none of them will be answered unless you actually show up. You check the date. This Saturday. Looking at the family calendar, you don't see anything scheduled for that day.

Alright, guess I'm going to go to Juliet Simms' funeral. Putting the mail down, you make a mental note to tell your parents later and go to your room to pick out an outfit.