37 - "Epilogue"

Allele couldn't open his eyes, but he could hear a constant beeping next to him that sounded really annoying. The room was a little cool and the place didn't have a smell too it really, making him wonder where he was. He was trying to open his eyes but he couldn't. He couldn't even move, or open his mouth.

"Are you okay?" A feminine voice Allele didn't recognize, asked.

Cilia looked toward the door at the nurse, smiling politely. "Yes."

Cilia? Allele thought, he knew her voice from anywhere.

The unfamiliar voice chuckled, "You three are here every single day, I can see he has people who love him. Some patients haven't had visitors in years. He's a lucky guy." She said, walking away.

Three? Allele said to himself. Where the hell was he and who was with him? He was trying to piece things together in his head. All he remembered was being picked up by Emery and Breeze on his way to his last drop and being taken to an abandoned building. Gunshots went off but that was all he could remember. Was he dead? Or had that all been a dream?

Breeze almost threw up in the back of his throat at the nurse's words. There was only one person in the room who cared about Allele. He was just here to threaten the big head, buck tooth nigga if he opened his mouth wrong. Breeze stood against the wall glaring at him, hoping his heart would just stop.

Keshawn was sitting in one of the chairs, one earphone in his ear as he spoke to one of his little nieces. It was the month of June and she had graduated from fourth grade today and would be going to the fifth once the new year started. Her mom was taking her out for lunch to celebrate.

Cilia stood from the chair next to Allele's bedside, looking like the poster girl for the world's most wholesome, innocent woman. She wore a knee length blue sundress that had flowers all over them. The color was breathtaking with her eyes, making them more vivid. Her caramel brown hair was in a ponytail and she wore silver flats. She looked beautiful.

She was hungry now and wanted to get something from the cafeteria to eat. The Gray brothers glanced up when they heard the legs of her chair scrape against the floor, already knew where she was going. If she was ever being stalked she would be an easy target. Her routine was the same. She went down around this same time every day for lunch, so no one bothered to ask.

"I'm leaving." Cilia said as if she wasn't coming back in seven minutes. She knew they knew where she was going, but she always felt the need to tell them anyway.

Allele felt his whole body tighten at her words. She was leaving him? She didn't want to be with him anymore? What the hell was going on and why couldn't he open his eyes? What had he done wrong? Where was she going? Didn't she love him anymore? Allele was fighting so hard to say something but he couldn't, he wanted to shout her name. He could hear her, she sounded so close yet she was so far. The most he was able to do was twitch his finger.