10 - "Chance Encounter"

Iris traced the symbol on the handbag as she tried to determine what it was. Michael Kors. Her perfect manicured finger then began tracing the detail of the bag, trying to figure out the material it was made of. Snakeskin. She thought. She was never big on name brand because she could hardly ever afford it. Anything nice she use to have in her closet was very limited. Now she was basically a millionaire.

"I think this is a very remarkable bag, it's real snakeskin. It's a limited edition Python tote. It has dual braided shoulder straps and a chestnut brown leather trim." The bubbly old White sales clerked informed. She knew if she sold this she got commission.

"Hm." Iris thought, she turned toward Dalton who was next to her. "What do you think?"

Iris didn't really like hanging out with Dalton, she hated it really. Not because she disliked Dalton, he was okay. It was just with him they had a team of security. Even though she couldn't see Iris could feel the stares. She hated feeling like a handicap. She never went out with security—as far as she knew. She wouldn't put it past her family to have detail on her from far away. But Dalton went everywhere with guards and because she was with him she had to be subjected to it.

"I don't think the python would appreciate where his skin has gone, but what can he do now? If you please, then why not." He said adding humor into it. Dalton wore his black shades, staring at the ground. His eyes were mostly always toward the ground. It was honestly how he focused more.

"Trust me, this bag has been flying off the shelves. It's a steal at this price." The woman added.

"Put it by the front at the register for me, I'll see." Iris said. "And point me in the direction of the shoes, please."

Katherine did as she was told as she hurriedly escorted Iris' team who escorted her and Dalton toward the shoe aisle. Iris found a plush leather chair to sit in as she began to describe the types of shoes she wanted to wear. Katherine got a couple pairs that were closest to what she had described and laid them down near her feet as she headed toward the front to hold the bag for her.

Iris and Dalton sat as she began trying on shoes. It was weird to say but Iris felt no connection to her family. Not her mother, her two brothers or none of her sisters. When it came to them she just felt detached. But she put on this façade as if she was grateful they had reconnected. She hated Cilia from their history that was obvious, with Locus she was just a bitch. A bitch who didn't really seem to care for anybody but herself. Iris was the same so it was no wonder they didn't click. With Lotus she just felt like he was a complete stranger despite the fact they talked. And even with Dalton...they were both blind but Iris didn't feel that connection. They were nothing alike. And with her parents she just felt it was too late for that relationship they were seeking. They had destroyed part of her by giving her up, it was too late to try and fix that hole.

Her Eyes 2On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara