18 - "The Truth"

Zeus walked into New York university hospital with bloodshot eyes. What White Locus said about having potentially put his child in danger had been bothering him for the last couple of days. His hate for Arnell managed to keep him away from her for a while, but the love for his child overrode that and soon he couldn't handle it, he had to come see her. Just to make sure his child was okay.

"Excuse me, I'm here to see my girlfriend, Arnell Wyatt."

The Asian woman slowly looked up at him, taking in his stature. He looked pretty intimidating and she noticed how tense his face was. There's been a lot of rumors circulating about that specific patient due to the brutal way she was attacked. The woman was wondering if he was her boyfriend and was so worried, why was he now showing up after a week of her having been admitted already?

"Room 602." The woman instructed.

Zeus took the elevators which had several other people on it, everyone pressing a bunch of different floors. He didn't mind as he himself was lost in his thoughts. He honestly didn't want Arnell to be awake when he went in. He was just planning on speaking to a doctor about her condition.

Five minutes later when he finally got let out on his designated floor, he placed his hands in his pockets and walked slowly down the hall. Nurses and doctors rushed by him, his heart pounding for some reason. He wasn't nervous, just a bit anxious. He just didn't want to hear any bad news.

Zeus found the room and swallowed before stepping inside since the door was wide open. There stood Breeze by Arnell's bedside, petting her hair as she slept. Her heart monitor was steady and the room was peaceful. Her face was purple and swollen, Zeus could tell he definitely broke something in her face. He once again became angry, having no remorse as he watched Breeze, reminding him of what the two of them had done.

"Don't be too loud, she's asleep." Breeze said, looking at him for half a second before focusing on Arnell again as he continued to run his fingers through her hair.

Zeus was across the room faster than the blink of an eye on an average human. He swung, the muscle in his left arm flexing, but Breeze side stepped him. Zeus felt his head crash into the window when Breeze gripped the back of his neck and pushed him forward. A long uneven line formed in the thick glass where his head hit; as it made a loud enough sound for two of Breeze's soldiers to appear by the doorway. Just as they were about to ask if everything was alright, they saw what was happening.

"Close that door." Breeze instructed, calmly.