Restraint

'I don't get why we're here looking after lizard boy while they are out there probably having fun.' Stiles whined and I sighed. 'Are you saying sitting in this van with me isn't fun?' I asked and crossed my arms over my chest. Stiles rolled his eyes. 'You know what I meant.' He said. I nodded with a chuckle and rested my head against the window again. This night was pretty boring I must admit. Well, I'm not sure if Scott and Allison are as bored as we are but hey, that's the least of my problems. I gotta sit in that backseat! I suddenly thought I heard a thump, my head shot up and I looked around frowning. 'What's wrong?' Stiles asked me. 'I don't know I thought I heard something...' I muttered as I looked outside. Stiles shrugged. 'It was probably something outside, all your senses are heightened now remember?' He said and I nodded and relaxed a little. For now this whole werewolf thing wasn't so bad, if only I knew when the next full moon was. Yeah that's right, I'm the least prepared werewolf ever. I heard this thump again, only much louder. I turned to Stiles and it looked like he heard it as well this time. We all looked behind us where Jackson should be. 'Shit!' We both exclaimed and got out of the car. 'I told you I heard something!' I hissed. He scoffed. 'Well I'm sorry that I didn't with my normal human hearing.' He said dramatically. We quietly made our way to the back of the van. I took a deep breath and jumped around the corner only to find an empty van. Jackson had broken out. I cursed and kicked against the lose hanging door making it fall off completely. I raised my eyebrows and then turned to Stiles with the biggest grin. He glared. 'Not funny princess.' He sighed.

**_**

'You will not go within 50 feet of Jackson Whittemore. You will not speak to him, you will not approach him.' The sheriff told us. I lowered my head in shame. Hearing Papa Stilinski say these things to us really made me feel bad, and that look that my mother was giving me from the corner didn't really help. So yeah we all knew what was coming as soon as Jackson escaped. I sighed as the sheriff continued reading from his clipboard. 'You will not assault or harass him physically or psychologically.' He finished and dropped the clipboard on the table. He looked down at us, I didn't have the guts to look up at him. This man had such a big role in my life, he was the closest thing I have to a father... We messed up big time. 'What about school?' Stiles asked after shooting a subtle look at Mr. Whittemore who was also in the room. 'You're going to take classes while trying to maintain a fifty foot distance.' The sheriff replied. Stiles leaned forward, placing his hand on my thigh in the process. I smiled as it seemed to somehow make me feel a little better. 'But what if we both have to use to bathroom at the same time and there's only two stalls available and they're right now to each other?' He asked. I turned my head to him. He paused and looked at me and frowned. I shook my head saying he shouldn't take this any further. 'Yeah uh, I'll just hold it.' He then said looking back at his dad. The sheriff then took his son outside, probably giving him a big speech. I groaned and placed my head in my hands. Scott who was still sitting next to me placed a hand on my back. 'I'm sorry this got so out of hand...' He muttered. I shook my head and looked up. 'Don't, it wasn't your fault. We all messed up this time.' I replied with a shrug. 'I know but still... I hate bringing you down like this. Your grades are already going down, and with the whole werewolf thing... I should be trying to help you with this not... this.' Scott sighed. I smiled a half smile. 'Hey? Don't blame yourself, okay? I'll be fine.' I told him.

'Okay I love to see that you two are getting cozy here but it's time to get your idiotic asses to the car.' Mom's voice suddenly sounded from above us. We stood up from our chairs and walked outside. Stiles and his dad were still talking, when we walked outside Stiles stopped talking to his dad and grabbed my wrist. 'Move.' Mom said dragging me and Scott further into the hallway, away from Stiles... I looked at him over my shoulder. 'I'm sorry.' I mouthed and he smiled a little in return. Mom then placed a hand on mine and Scott's shoulders. We turned around to face her. 'It's not just this.' She began. 'Although a restraining order is a new low that I didn't think you would reach quite this soon.' She said. I lowered my head again as she continued. 'It's everything on top of it. The completely bizarre behaviour. The late nights coming home. Having to beg Mr. Harris for you to make up that chemistry test that you missed, Scott.' She sighed. 'I missed a chemistry test?' Scott asked confused and I face palmed myself. 'Really Scott? Really?' Mom exclaimed. 'I have to ground you, I am grounding you. You two are grounded.' She said crossing her arms over her chest. No problem for me. I don't go out anyway. 'What about work?' Scott asked. 'Fine, other than work, and no TV.' She said. Okay, not too bad. I can work without a little TV. I'll just read some more, or stud- no scratch that just the reading. 'My TV's broken...' Scott said quietly with a shrug. 'Then no computer.' Mom shot back. 'We need that for school mom.' I noticed. 'Then no uh...' She looked between us and Stiles who was leaning against the wall behind her. 'No Stiles.' She said and my eyes widened. No. 'What no Stiles?!' Stiles exclaimed rushing forward. 'No Stiles!' Mom yelled and Stiles quickly backed up again. 'No Stiles?' I asked quietly. 'Mom, please... I'll do anything.' I told her. She shook her head. 'And no more car privileges, give me your keys.' She said looking at Scott. Scott dug into his pocket and pulled out the keys which mom quickly snatched out of his hands. She began ruffling with them trying to get off the key to the car. 'Mom...' Scott began. 'No.' She said shaking her head. 'Mom, hey...' I said as I placed my hands on hers. She stopped fumbling with the keys and sighed. 'What is going on with you? Both of you?' She asked looking between her two children. 'Scott is this about Allison?' She sighed. 'Do you really wanna know?' Scott asked and shot me a quick look. 'Yeah.' Mom said. Behind her Stiles was shaking his head rapidly. 'Is this about your father? It is isn't it?' She suddenly asked and my heart jumped. I looked at Stiles who nodded softly. I sighed and looked down. We never talked much about him. He left us a long time ago. 'Okay.' Mom said. 'We'll talk about this at home, okay? I'll go get the car.' She said and walked off quickly. 'What are we doing to her Scott?' I croaked and a few silent tears started rolling down my cheeks. Scott quickly wiped them away with his thumbs and then pulled me in a hug. 'We're the worst kids ever.' I quietly sobbed against his chest. 'Yeah well I'm not exactly winning any prices either...' Stiles sighed. I turned my head to look at the room where Mr. Whittemore was yelling at the sheriff. And I could hear every word of it. 'You give him a restraining order and he's mocking you! He was mo...And what am I supposed to do about going to the bathroom? What the hell is this?'

**_**

'So... she grounded you, took away your TV, and the car? Wow, that's actually not too bad, my mom would've killed me...' Allison said as we entered the library. I shook my head. 'I don't care about all of that, you know what else she said? 'No Stiles' no Stiles! Do you know what that means? That means I'll only see him at school! And it's not like we can make out during econ or anything so basically I'm not getting any of the good stuff!' I groaned throwing my hands up. Allison chuckled and rolled her eyes. 'Geez you really are used to being around him all the time ay?' She asked me. I sighed and nodded as I realized she was right. Stiles and I were together all the time. It was weird only seeing him at school... It's weird not to have him with me when I come home or go to his house. It just wasn't right. Allison and I walked through the bookshelves. 'Why are we in the library anyway? Only nerds hang out here...' I noticed with a sigh. Allison glared a little before pulling out her tablet and sliding it between an empty space between the books. I frowned. 'Alli what are you doing? The library is for books, not for tablets?' I chuckled with a slight frown. She rolled her eyes and pointed a finger between the empty space. I frowned and looked into the space she had just put her tablet through. 'Stiles.' I then said with a happy sigh. 'Hi princess.' He smiled in return. 'That's everything Lydia could translate.' Allison said. Oh right, the bestiary. And yeah we have to do this James Bond style because the Argents have decided to put up cameras everywhere. They make it seem like it's for the good of the school but I knew it was to keep an eye on their daughter and her Romeo. We had to be very careful lately. 'Bet she was very confused.' I added with a sigh. 'She was.' Allison confirmed. 'Yeah what'd you tell her?' Scott asked from the other side. 'That we were part of an online gaming community that battles mythical creatures.' Allison said with a small laugh. I raised an eyebrow. 'You told her I was part of an online gaming community that battles mythical creatures?' I asked. She nodded. 'Well there goes my reputation...' I muttered with a sigh. 'I am part of an online gaming community that battles mythical creatures.' Stiles suddenly said. *big time face palm* Of course he is. Why am I not surprised? 'Does it say anything how to find out who's controlling him?' Scott said bringing back the original subject again. 'Not really. But Stiles is right about the murders.' Allison said. 'They call the kanima a weapon of vengeance. There's this story in there about a South American priest who used the kanima to execute murderers in his village.' She told us. 'Ha. It's not that bad actually.' I said. Allison held up a finger. Meaning there was a but coming. 'Until the bond got strong enough that it killed whoever he wanted it to.' She said. 'All bad. All very, very bad.' Stiles said. 'Here's the thing though.' Allison continued. 'The kanima's actually supposed to be a werewolf but it can't ...' She had to stop because a lady walked over to put some books away. Great timing you got there. 'Until.' Scott started, probably reading off her tablet. 'It resolves that in its past which manifests it.' He said. 'Well that means that Jackson could use a few thousand hours of therapy. I could've told you that myself.' Stiles said. 'Wait but, what if this has something to do with his parents? His real parents?' I asked as I suddenly realized Jackson was adopted and doesn't get along very well with his adopted parents. 'Yeah does anybody actually know what happened to them?' Scott asked. 'Lydia might.' I said with a shrug. 'What if she doesn't know anything?' My brother asked. 'Well he doesn't have a restraining order against me so I'll talk to him myself.' Allison said. 'What do I do?' Scott asked at his turn. 'You have a make-up exam remember?' She replied with a small smile. Scott sighed and turned to Stiles. 'Hey.' I whispered. 'You have to take the test, for mom remember?' He nodded and then slipped his hand through the book stacks for Allison to take. 'If he does anything, you run the other way.' He sighed. 'I can take care of myself.' Allison whispered. 'Allison if you get hurt while I'm busy with some stupid test someone's going to have to care of me.' Scott replied. 'If he does anything...' He said. 'Like?' She cut him off. 'Anything, weird, bizarre, anything...' Scott said only to be cut off by his best friend. 'Anything evil.' Stiles cut in, shoving his head in the space we made. I glared before pushing him back. 'I'll see you later okay?' I then told Allison before making me way around the bookshelf. 'Come one, let's go take your test.' I said grabbing the sleeve of Scott's jacket and pulling him with me. 'But what if he hurts her?' He sighed. 'Scott, stop.' I sighed. 'Allison's a big girl she can take care of herself. You have to think about yourself right now. If you don't do that test...? We have to make this better Scotty, not just for mom, but for us. Our future. I wanna go to college with you, remember?' I told him. He nodded and lowered his head. 'Okay, for us.'