Venomous Part 3

I still couldn't believe Lydia didn't pass the test. She didn't get paralyzed. Which of course meant everyone thought it was her, but it couldn't be. Yeah of course every time we saw the kanima she wasn't around, and yeah venomous creatures can't be poisoned by their own venom but still. I'm sure there's a logical explanation for this. There's no way that Lydia's the kanima. And there was also no way we were letting Derek get near her. Or Erica or Isaac. I'm sure them two guard dogs already told Derek that Lydia didn't get paralyzed, which means he's probably already outside the school waiting for Lydia, and to kill her. And there was only little time for us to figure out a plan how to save her. The four of us, meaning me, Stiles, Scott and Allison were now in Coach's office, I didn't even question if our teacher wouldn't find it weird that we were all not in class at the same time. We didn't have time for that, we're on a mission. And Allison told us Lydia's working with Danny so she should be good for now. 'Derek's waiting for Lydia outside.' Scott sighed. Of course he is, I knew it. Psychic. 'Waiting to kill her?' Allison asked. 'If he thinks she's the kanima, yes.' Scott replied. 'Especially after what happened at the pool...' He said. 'It's not her.' Stiles and I both snapped. We looked at each other awkwardly. Scott sighed. 'She didn't pass the test guys, nothing happened.' He said. 'It doesn't matter.' Allison cut in with a sigh. 'Because Derek thinks it's her. So either we can convince him that he's wrong or we've gotta figure out a way to protect her.' She said. 'I don't think he's gonna do anything here.' I said shaking my head. 'No, not at school.' Scott added. 'What about after school?' Allison asked and Scott sighed. Allison tilted her back in annoyance. 'What if we can prove that Derek's wrong?' She asked. 'By three o'clock?' Stiles asked. 'There could be something in the bestiary.' Allison shot back. I raised an eyebrow. 'Oh you mean the nine hundred page back written in archaic Latin that none of us can read?' I asked crossing my arms under my chest. 'Yeah, good luck with that.' I sighed. This isn't getting us anywhere. We can't read the damn bestiary, and we can't just kidnap Lydia... How are we supposed to keep her safe from Derek? 'Actually, I think I might know someone who can translate it.' Allison said. 'Uh... Sam and I can go talk to Derek... Convince him that it's not her. But if anything goes wrong, you guys let me handle it.' Scott said. 'What does that mean?' His girlfriend asked confused. 'You can't heal like I do.' Scott replied. 'I just don't want you guys getting hurt.' He said quietly. Allison shot him a look before standing up and searched for something in her bag. She whipped out something and when she held it up I saw it was a miniature crossbow. 'I can protect myself.' She said with raised eyebrows. Scott looked down at the floor before looking back up at her, he was worried. I could tell. Their little couple moment made me feel really uncomfortable so I hid myself in the corner of the room, I looked over my shoulder to see what Stiles was doing, he was just looking around so I reached into my pocket and grabbed the note he gave me earlier. I unfolded the piece of paper and read what Stiles had written. "I know another thing that's infinite..." I smiled as I read that one sentence over and over again. I put in back in my pocket and turned around back around. I found Stiles' gaze. He knew I read it. I bit my lower lip and I heard him mumble 'Ah, fuck it.' Before he quickly walked over to me and pulled me into his arms. He hid his face in the crook of my neck and inhaled deeply. 'I am so, so, sorry princess... I have no idea how I can ever make this right to you I'm so sorry I just- I was scared and...' He rambled and I quickly shushed him. 'It's okay baby I know.' I smiled looking up at him. 'I almost thought I'd lost you there though...' I sighed. He cupped my face in his hands smiling at me. 'You'd never lose me, even when you think you do, I'll still be there, I'll always be there.' He said quietly and he then walked over to the desk where Allison had placed her crossbow and picked it up. 'Erm Stiles, I don't think you should...' But the arrow was already flying through the air right toward Scott's head. 'Do that...' I sighed finishing off my sentence. But of course his werewolf senses must've picked it up because right before it was going to hit him he turned around and caught the arrow in his hand. I raised my eyebrows. Scott who was holding the arrow in front of his face looked shocked, whilst his girlfriend glared at Stiles. 'Ah... uh...' Stiles quickly handed the device to Allison. 'Sensitive trigger... on that...' He said awkwardly. 'Hey Stiles shoot me with that thing I wanna see if I can do that as well.' I said and the three of them give me 'that look.' That look when your friends give you when you have a really stupid idea. 'Okay maybe not...' I quickly muttered.