Chapter 18: Permission Slip

Scarlett's P.O.V

After my seduction game failed miserably, the alpha told me he had business to discuss and that I would be spending the day with Jane. Luckily he said today I can explore the area but that I'm still not allowed to shift or go into the forest. With each passing second it seems more and more likely that I won't escape. If I could just find one person to help me with my plans this could go so much smoother.

" This is where our pack has lunch together! Unless it's a special occasion we typically don't use this room though. "

Jane says, she has been going on and on about each room and what it is but frankly I zoned out from the very beginning. I'm just happy to get out of that dreadful prison these people call a room.

I look around and can't help but notice how different the atmosphere here is compared to my own pack. Everyone here seems so friendly and bubbly but that could just be because I'm the alpha's mate and they're to scared to do anything else but smile.

Everything about this pack screamed "fairy tale" and frankly I wasn't ready for this bibbity bobbity bullshit. I mean, no place can be this perfect right? There has to be some sort of flaw?

" So Jane. "

I say, cutting her off from what ever rant she was just giving.

" Yes? "

She ask eagerly.

" What's your least favorite thing about your pack? "

She looks surprised at first but then answers.

" Well I don't really care for the dungeon or sex spots but I suppose if that's the worse we have, we are pretty darn great! I mean the dungeon is meant for our safety so it's understandable and the sex spots were never made by any alpha. It just kind of started being a thing, it's spots where people take each other to do the dirty and all of them are outside too. It's nasty. "

She says, scrunching up her nose. Who knew mr. alpha would have such a sex crazed pack?

" Sex spots sound interesting, could we go just so I can see where they are? "

I ask. Part of me honestly is curious but mostly I'm just trying to either have sex with a pack member so the alpha gets mad and leaves me or me just escape when Jane isn't looking.

" What? No way! Those spots are in the forest and the alpha made it clear that you aren't allowed there yet. For future reference though, when you can go please don't make me go too. That place scares me. "

I can't stop myself from snickering at her innocence as she mentally cringes at what we would see if we went. I'm really interested in what this girl is going to grow up to be.

" So have you gotten permission from the alpha about the party? "

Jane ask and just as I'm about to respond I'm interrupted.

" What party? "

I look behind me and see the alpha himself, leaning against the wall watching us. How long has he been there?

" I'll take that as a no then. "

Jane giggles.

" Why would you want to go to a party? You haven't even interacted with the people around the house. "

The Alpha says walking up to me closely.

" The environment of this place just makes me uncomfortable. Everyone smiles so much I think their faces literally got stuck that way. "

" So you're uncomfortable by people smiling? "

He ask trying to contain his laughter.

" Can I go to the party or not? "

I ask annoyed. I cannot believe I'm having to ask for permission. Me. Of all people.

" I'm assuming this is Jeremy's party you're talking about? "

The Alpha ask, turning to Jane.

" Yep! "

" Then no way, good try though. "

He says, patting me on the head.

" What the fuck did Jeremy do? "

I huff.

" I'm not really concerned about him, just the kind of parties he throws are not....appropriate for my little mate. "

The last part of the sentence he trails off, just soft enough for me to make out the words.

" Appropriate? Do I look like a child? "

" I mean if we are being serious, you are short and throw tantrums. "

I hear Jane choke on her laughter as my mouth drops.

" Well if that is the case then you must be a fucking pedophile. "

I scoff, turning away from him angrily. I'm fully aware of my height and small frame and I hate when people point it out, it makes me feel smaller than I already am. I hear a low growl and I immediately know it's due to me turning away from him but I don't back down. Suddenly I feel arms snake around my waist and I'm pulled into a strong chest, I look up and sure enough it is Mr. Alpha.

" Excuse me but I don't remember consenting to this embrace of yours so back the fuck up sir. "

I say annoyed and try to wiggle out of his grip.

" It is your own fault for being sassy little mate, maybe I'll just hold you hostage in this spot until you apologize. "

He smirks, looking down at me amusingly as I try with all my strength to get out of his hold. What kind of fucking steroids is this motherfucker on? How is he this strong and well built and how about those arms...wait no focus!

We hear someone clear their throat and we both look up to see a flustered Jane. I had completely forgot she was there and the Alpha's expression seemed to say he had also forgotten.

" May I speak freely Alpha? "

Jane ask sounding unsure of herself.

" Of course Jane, what is it? "

" I know that Jeremy's parties are not appropriate but I think you should let the Luna go. Maybe it will help her feel more comfortable around everyone. She did say parties were more her environment, it's a start to get her used to being around the pack. Besides, with you there it's not like any guy would hit on her. "

I'm shocked by Jane's helpful words and the Alpha has gone speechless. I can tell by Jane's personality that she's not one to challenge authority figures so I wonder what made her stick up for me. The Alpha finally gains his composure back and sighs.

" I suppose you're right. Besides, I can't keep her locked away forever. "

He says the last part more to himself than to us but I hear it regardless.

Well Jane, thanks for the help but you just signed my permission slip to freedom so good luck with the Alpha taking his anger out on you.