Chapter 5: Mate

My eyes are so tired that I'm having to force them open, I have no doubt I'm squinting. My body has become numb from running in the cold poring down rain but once I stop running I know the pain is going to be nearly unbearable. A sigh of relief washes over me as I see the sun rising up. By now they should be just waking up or ending the search party for me,if their even alive. Rouges tend to be very strong and ruthless but so is my Alpha so I'm honestly not sure who won.

When I see the sun is completely out I sniff the air to make sure I smell no other threat, then I stop and shift back into human form. I hiss as I try not to cry out in pain, I walk over to a tall tree and begin climbing up, I get half way then I lay down on the thick branch.

Most wolves would simply stay in wolf form and sleep on the ground but I'm not strong enough to be taken off guard. Actually I'm not strong at all but I'm one hell of a runner, although it doesn't help when you're caught off guard. So instead I sleep in a tree knowing this is the last place a wolf would look, plus even if a wolf saw me they would have to shift into human form to get me since a wolf can't climb a tree.

I close my eyes and drift off to sleep hearing the sound of the morning birds chirping.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Carver's P.O.V

I keep hearing the most annoying fucking sound of my life as I'm trying to get some rest, so out of instinct I throw my alarm clock across the room breaking it. The noise gets louder and I scream into my pillow annoyed.

" CARVER GET YOUR ASS OUT OF BED ITS THIRTY MINUETS PASSED PATROL! "

I hear my Beta Ivan yell from behind my locked door. Most people I would kill in a instant for talking to me like that but he's the exception.

" One more minute. "

I grumble.

" Dammit Carver don't make me break down your fucking door. Again. "

I remain still and nearly fall back to sleep but then his annoying ass burst through my bedroom door.

" Can I ever fucking sleep? "

I grumble, shoving my face into my pillow once again.

" Yeah. At night. When everyone else sleeps. "

He points out and suddenly I'm lifted up by the back of my shirt. I open my eyes and I'm facing the floor, until Ivan lets go of my shirt and I fall face first into it.

" IVAN WHAT THE FUCK! "

I yell angrily.

" Be down stairs as soon as you can, were waiting. "

He says and walks out leaving me and my door on the floor. I sigh and get up walking into the bathroom and splashing my face with water.

I know Ivan is getting tired of having to wake me up every day, hell I know I would be if I was having to wake up some grown ass man up every morning but I can't help it. It's like each day is just the same old fucking day! Same schedule, same routine, same people, and same rules. Nothing changes, it's like I'm living the same goddamn day over and over again to the point where I'm numb to it.

I'm suppose to be the Alpha, the leader. I need to snap out of this!

" Carver get your ass dow-"