Chapter 13: Secrets

" Ivan take him to the dungeon. "

Carver says, throwing him on the floor. Suddenly Ivan appears and nods at Carver, grabbing the man by the shirt and dragging him off. Carver then turns his attention back to me, a worried expression lingering on his face.

Before he can even take one step towards me the girl jumps up and hugs me, unsure of what to do I awkwardly pat her head.

" Thank you so much Luna! I-I"

She starts crying and I just keep petting her head. She's so much like me...well how I used to be.

Wait did she just call me Luna?

" What exactly happened? "

Carver ask us calmly, trying not to scare the girl.

" He tried to..he tried to. "

" He tried to touch her. "

I reply for her.

" But I stopped him. "

Carver seems taken a back by my reply but quickly recovers and nods.

" Well, I will make sure it's all taken care of, you can go back to your room now. "

He tells the girl and she looks at me shaking her head vigorously.

" W-what if he breaks out? Or or- "

I give her a gentle smile and cut her off.

" It's alright sweety, the alpha is going to make sure he never hurts you or anyone ever again. I promise. You're safe here."

I tell her.

" Can I sleep with you tonight Luna? "

She ask sheepishly.

" It's just t-that my parents are away and-and "

Before her or the alpha can respond I cut her off.

" Of course you can, come on. "

I say and hold out my hand. She smiles shyly and takes my hand as I lead her to my room I can sense Carver following behind us but I don't say anything, not wanting to argue in front of her.

---
Carver's P.O.V

It's been a few hours since the incident happened and as I stand in the doorway watching my mate hold one of my packs pups while she silently snores I can't help but smile. The events that took place upset me, no question about it I can't believe my third in command would do such a thing and especially to a kid!

However, my mate took action and helped her even when she had a chance to escape. I was so upset about our argument I hadn't even thought to lock her door or anything so I know she probably could have easily made it but she choose to help the girl instead. She's going to make an amazing Luna.

The only thing I'm still thinking about is why she was so upset, of course anyone would be under those circumstances but she was crying which is unusual for my little mate. I don't have to know her long to know she's not the emotional type. She also seemed much nicer than usual towards the pup.

It doesn't take a genius to know that there's much I don't know about her. I can tell she's hiding things about her pack and about her wolf, I've seen her in wolf form so I know she's a werewolf but yet, I still can't sense her wolf. Even if a wolf is shy, they should be energetic when around their mate but I haven't noticed or sensed anything like that.

I also noticed the faint smell of a certain new wolf covering my mates smell up. If it wasn't for the situation I would have talked to her about it, although maybe she's not the one I need to confront.