Chapter 7: Miss Sunshine

Carver's P.O.V

I flip my desk over and punch a hole in the wall, as I hear my beta Ivan walk in I throw a lamp across the room at him that he quickly dodges.

" What the hell is your problem man? "

He yells at me as I try to calm down just enough to talk to him but as it gets silent we both hear my mates furious yells down the hall. Ivan looks at me confused as I clench my jaw.

" She doesn't want me. "

I simply say as Ivan's face softens.

" Did she reject you? "

" No. In order to do that she would need my name. "

He walks over to me and sits on my desk that is now upside down.

" So what are you planning on doing exactly? If you force her to mate with you- "

" Don't even say that, I would never force her to do that. "

" Well... there's not many choices. If you want I can research more about her to help you try to reason with her. "

" I don't know her name. "

Ivan laughs bitterly shaking his head.

" So let me get this straight. You took this girl, didn't tell her your name, didn't ask her name and locked her in a room and yet you expect her to fall for you just like that? "

" I thought that's how mates worked. Isn't it? "

I ask confused.

" Usually, but not always. You have to realize everyone comes from different walks of lives that effect the way they take things in. There's a reason for everything, try to talk to her, get to know her and then you may find out why she said what she did. "

" How the hell am I suppose to do that with the mate bond nagging me all the time? I just want to hold her or touch her in any way possible, even a simple hug. I know she wouldn't want that. "

" Well if you want her to start considering you as her mate then I would get those urges under control and I would do it as quickly as possible. I know I wouldn't like being locked in a room by myself for a long period of time. "

He says, walking out and closing the door. Here I was thinking having a mate was going to be easy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scarlett's P.O.V

" Let. Me. Fucking. Leave. "

With each pause I hit my head on the wall, not enough to hurt or cause much of a noise in this prison of a place though.

I had been trying to find ways out of this terror room for hours now and have failed. I even picked up the chair in the corner of the room and repeatedly hit it against the glass window but the glass refused to break, I realized later on it was actually reinforced glass which was impossible to break or at least impossible for me to break.

Why does this dude even have a room with a lock on the outside and reinforced windows? What kind of fucking psychopath am I dealing with?

Says me, the girl who is banging her head against the wall.

Well if we are mates it would make sense I guess considering we're both completely bat shit crazy.

I hear the door creak open but almost as soon as I hear it open I also hear it slam closed, I turn to see a girl who looks about fifteen smiling at me.

" Is it time for my one phone call? "

I ask bitterly but she just laughs in reply, waving off my attitude towards her.

" This isn't jail silly! What do you think the Alpha is? Some sort of animal. "

I raise an eyebrow at her ironic remark and watch as it takes her nearly five minutes to process what she just said.

" I mean technically he is but....let's just forget I made that joke. "

She nods to herself as I roll my eyes and stay seated on the floor.

" So why are you here exactly? Are you my punishment? "

Once again the loud, obnoxious child burst into laughter making me want to hit my head on the wall again but this time harder so I won't wake up. I may only be three years older than her but I'm no annoying hyena.

" The Alpha sent me to help dress you, he didn't want to make you uncomfortable by him offering to. "

" Yes because I'm in no way uncomfortable seeing as to how I've been kidnapped and held against my will. "

She tilts her head at me, examining me.

" You're not a very cheerful person are you? "

I stare at her and scoff but don't reply.

" You and the Alpha will be perfect together! I mean he's miserable, you're miserable and put you two together and BAM HAPPINESS OVERLOAD! "

She squeals loudly, making me grimace.

" For god sakes kid lower your voice before you break a window! "

" I'm no kid! I just started high school AND turned fifteen. "

She exclaims, stomping her foot.

" Yeah, yeah whatever you say kid. Now why exactly do you think I'm miserable? "

" Well if I was a rouge I would be, I mean it seems pretty lonely being by yourself all the time. It would drive even the happiest person to depression to not have a single person to talk to or rely on. "

I'm shocked by how serious she sounds, not just because she is so positive and bubbly that it sickens me but also because not many people pity rouges, in fact most don't even consider rouges to be human or wolf they see them as nothing.

" Anyway! Enough with depressing topics, let's talk clothes! What do you usually wear? "

I look at her for a moment and weigh my options, I could ignore her and continue my useless so called plan of escaping but I would like to have clothes to make my escape more comfortable and as much as I hate little miss sunshine she's better than mr.Psychopath.