Chapter 12: Almost Escape

I wake up in darkness and surprisingly no one is next to me and the door is still wide open. Did the alpha not come back? Wait! This is my chance!

I quickly get up and peak outside of the doorway to see that the hallway light is on but no one is out there, not unusual in a pack house though. I decide to take it slow and steady instead of immediately turn into a wolf, if they see me trying to escape as a wolf they will attack but if they see me escaping in my human form they won't be as rough.

I tip toe down the hall and down the stairs, I'm so close! I see the door and I'm about to reach for the doorknob when I hear someone crying.

" Please don't do this! I'll tell Alpha Carver! "

I hear a girls voice cry, I look at the door and then where the voice is coming from. I sigh and drop my hand to my side turning away from the door and walking towards the room where I hear the crying.

" Oh are you now? And who do you think he will believe? Some little girl he barely knows or his third in command? "

The guy snickers and I feel my stomach churn as I peek around the corner to see a guy pinning a young girl to the wall. The girl only looks about eleven but the guy looks like he's in his mid twenties. His body is pressed against hers and his arms are at both of her sides, trapping her.

" Now be a good little girl and stay still. "

His hand reaches out for her breast but before even the tip of his fingers can touch her my fist collides with the side of his cheek at full force causing him to fall to the floor.

" You sick basterd! "

I spit at him and he looks up at me shocked as blood pours out of his mouth from the few teeth I knocked out.

" She's just a child! "

I yell at him in rage. I'm snapped out of the moment when I feel something warm on my cheek, I slowly reach my hand up and touch it. I'm....crying?

I don't cry! I never cry!

Just when I'm about to turn around and run like I had planned before, I collide with a firm chest. I look up to see Carver standing there. Shit. His eyebrows furrow in confusion as he examines my face. Then he looks up and sees the girl and the man on the ground with blood dripping from his mouth.

" What did you do to my mate? "

Carver growls at the man, his body language is calm but I can quickly tell that he acts the calmest when he's in rage.

" I-I didn't do anything to her! I swear! "

The man chokes out and before he can even blink Carver picks him up by the shirt.

" So you think you can disrespect my mate then lie to me? "

The man looks petrified as he trembles but can't seem to form even a simple word as Carver stares him down in rage.

" Ivan take him to the dungeon. "

Carver says, throwing him on the floor. Suddenly Ivan appears and nods at Carver, grabbing the man by the shirt and dragging him off.