Chapter 6: Toxic

Scarlett's P.O.V

I yawn as I stretch my sore body carefully, not wanting to fall off of the tree branch that is surprisingly more comfortable than I remember. In fact I think this is the most peaceful sleep I have ever awoken from, how long have I been out?

As my mind slowly comes to my eyes flutter open and my body immediately stiffens when the first thing I see is a stranger sleeping beside me who also has both of his arms wrapped around my body tightly. I look down and notice that I am in fact naked like I thought but I'm at least covered in a blanket while the man is in basketball shorts.

I feel my wolf stir, something that hasn't happened since before the incident. I scrunch my eyebrows up in confusion, few things cause her to make any sort of motion. Instead of thinking more into it I decide to first escape this strangers house, not knowing what he has planned for me and not wanting to find out.

I move as slowly as possible trying not to wake him, as I move I examine him to make sure he doesn't stir but as I examine him I find myself getting lost in his looks. He's definitely more muscular than most wolves so he must be high ranked. His scent illuminates power and seems to also illuminate something toxic in it, causing me to want more.

FOCUS!

I scold myself mentally. I start moving once again but this time only slightly faster, wanting to get out of this scent filled trance as soon as possible. As soon as one of my feet touch the floor I don't even have a second to celebrate my small victory before I'm forcefully pulled back into the bed and the next thing I know the strange man is hovering over me, gently pinning my hands down. Surprisingly his face doesn't have a scold on it or a look of anger, instead it's a look of confusion.

" What were you doing? "

The man ask, his smooth sleep laced voice makes my heart skip a beat but I don't let it effect me.

" Considering you're the one who kidnapped me I should be the one asking the questions. "

I snap, glaring at him. His face fills with shock as he stares at me.

" You can't sense we're mates? "

He ask shocked and in a mere second my expression mirrors his as my mouth drops. No wonder my wolf was trying to break through. I can't have a mate! Not now - actually not ever! I gain my composure as quickly as I can.

" Mate or not that still doesn't give you the right to kidnap me. "

" I couldn't just leave you unprotected in the woods, and I was scared if I stayed to protect you while you slept you would wake and be frightened. "

" Yeah because waking up naked in some strangers bed in a unfamiliar house isn't frightening at all. "

I reply sarcastically.

" I'm no stranger, I'm your mate. "

I stare at him in bewilderment, does he expect that one word to change my mind? I guess it's understandable considering most females run towards the man who says mate, not the opposite direction like I plan to do.

" You may be my mate but you are still a stranger and I won't be held here as a prisoner. "

I tell him and roughly push him off of me, he sits up and scoots to the side of the bed to give me space. I know he does this willingly, there's no way I'm stronger than him.

" Are you implying that you're going to leave me? "

He ask, his voice breaking. I look at him and see his eyes are boring into mine, pleading for me to say otherwise. My voice gets caught in my throat as I feel my wolf trying to respond to him but I know she won't, she's unable to.

" I can't stay here. "

I respond, this time in a softer tone.

" Why not? If it's because you're a rouge- "

" It's not that, I just can't stay here. I don't want a mate, I never have. "

I reply monotone, turning my eyes to the floor. It gets quiet and I finally look up to see his glossy eyes focused on the floor, with no words he gets up and walks out the door as I hear a lock click on the other side I realize he's locking me in here.

My sadness turns into anger. How dare he try to force me to stay here!

I get up and rush over to the door, banging my fist against it over and over again.

" Let me out you fucking prick! You can't just keep me locked up forever! "

I yell furiously.

--------

Bet you guys didn't expect that kind of reaction from her! Why do you think she's acting like this? Do you think she actually doesn't want a mate or is she putting on a show for some reason?