Chapter 8: Frozen

Scarlett's P.O.V

As I look in the reflection of the window at this monstrosity of a outfit I can't help but grimace, not only does it show my legs far to much for my liking but it also looks like it came straight from the mind of a twelve year old who only thinks about fairy tales and rainbows.

Just remember the sweater is comfy and the skirt is easy to move in for your escape.

I tell myself sighing.

The shoes on the other hand I'm losing as soon as possible, I mean are these even shoes or are they medieval torture devices?

I hear the door creak open and I look to see the man who calls me his mate starring at me in the doorway.

" I uh..like your clothes. "

He says, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly and looking back and forth between me and the floor. Has he never seen a female in a skirt before? Men and their hormones pshhhh and they say us women are bad.

" Thanks? "

I say slowly and eye him, crossing my eyes. He shuts the door and then sits on the bed looking to be debating his next words carefully.

" I now realize that the way I went about this probably wasn't the best.. "

He starts off and I scoff.

" You think? You fucking kidnapped me! "

" I realize that okay? I'm just not good at this! "

He yells frustrated, I'm shocked by his outburst considering he hasn't raised his voice once until now.

" I know you don't feel the bond but...I'm trying to make this work. I've just always assumed my mate would run in my arms not hate me. "

He says lowering his voice, he doesn't look at me once making it seem like he's talking to the floor more than me. I feel a light pain in my heart when he refers to me hating him but I don't correct him.

" Look pal, I'm sure you're a great guy when you get passed all this kidnapping shit but I'm just not looking for a mate. I don't want to make this work, so how about you let me go and we pretend this never happened that way everyone wins! I live my life free and you find a wifey to have pups with and paint white picket fences and shit. "

I say smiling and start to walk towards the door but as soon as the tip of my fingers touch the doorknob he has me pushed against the door and trapped in between his arms.

Was worth a shot.

I feel my heartbeat quicken as his body is pressed slightly against mine and his breath fans across my face.

" I said I regret how this happened, not that it happened. "

He tells me, his eyes boring into mine. I feel my words catch in my throat as my mouth becomes dry and I stare back at him with a loss of words. Suddenly he smiles at me.

" I think this is the first time I've seen you speechless before mate. "

I know what he's doing, he's trying to use his charm to trap me here in a trance, to keep me prisoner here so I can be his and only his but I won't fall for it, I can't. There's to much to lose.

So why can't I speak?

He continues to smile at me adoringly and I stand frozen as he leans in and buries his face in the crook of my neck taking in my scent. His lips gently graze over my skin and I take a sharp breath in.

Is he going to-

" Don't worry I won't mark you until you say so. "

He whispers and places a soft kiss on my shoulder before pulling back to look at my reaction.

Suddenly there's a loud knock on the door and the door flys open causing me to fall into his chest as he wraps his arms around me to keep us both from falling over.

" Alpha we have a emergency! "

" This better be good. "

He grumbles looking down at my still frozen state.

" There was a attack on one of our allies, one of their pack members is here. "

That's when I snap out of it.