Chapter 9: His Return

Suddenly there's a loud knock on the door and the door flys open causing me to fall into his chest as he wraps his arms around me to keep us both from falling over.

" Alpha we have a emergency! "

" This better be good. "

He grumbles looking down at my still frozen state.

" There was a attack on one of our allies, one of their pack members is here. "

That's when I snap out of it.

" Wait what pack? "

I ask, jumping out of the Alpha's arms despite his protest.

" The Mystic Blood Pack, why? "

I tense up immediately hearing the name, unsure of what to do. I can't run, I know the Alpha will just catch me immediately but if the survivor is one of the men who know me I can't possibly stay here. Staying here with someone from my old pack would be like committing suicide.

" Their what you're running from? "

The Alpha ask, well more like states.

" Come with me. "

He growls and takes my hand firmly, leading me with him outside of the room for the first time since I've been here.

" W-wait what are you doing? "

I ask terrified.

" I want them to see who they hurt before I hurt them. No one hurts my mate. "

He growls. I can see anger swirling in his eyes like a tornado, I never expected him to be the angry alpha type. I have to admit it's kind of hot.

Wait no, no it's not.

We get to a pair of double doors and the alpha burst through them pulling me behind him and then he finally stops. I slowly look up, expecting to see one of the many faces I've come to dread but instead I'm met with Jacksons shocked ones.

" Scar? "

He replies shocked.

" Jackson! "

I yell happily and run to him, jumping up and giving him a hug. He wraps his arms tightly around me and I hear him sigh in relief.

" I thought for sure they had killed you. "

" I thought the same about you, I'm so happy you're safe. "

I tell him but suddenly I'm yanked back and pulled against the alphas chest. I can feel his whole body is shaking in anger  as his arms tighten around me.

" Who the hell is he? "

The alpha ask through clenched teeth and closes his eyes to try to calm down. Jackson remains glued to his spot, looking between me and the alpha in shock and fear.

" He's my friend from my old pack.."

I say awkwardly, unsure of how to handle this.