Chapter 11: Nap Time

" Mate? Last time I checked mates were loving and caring and didn't hold each other hostage. Oh! Not to mention that mates actually have feelings for each other. I see your feelings but where are mine? Because all I see is the feeling of I don't give a actual fuck! "

Once again the room fills with silence and I expect him to get mad or once again wrap me in his arms but this time when I turn around he's actually gone. I feel a tiny pain in my chest but I ignore it, he needs to hear the truth. I can't stay here with him and if I led him on it would only destroy him when I leave. He can't love me and I can't love him, it's the way it has to be.

" Wow that was intense. "

I hear Jackson say as he walks in, I let out a sigh of relief. Knowing Jackson is here calms me, a familiar face that I know isn't one of the alphas spies puts me at ease.

" Yeah well, he needed to hear the truth. "

" and is it the truth? "

He ask me, sitting on the bed.

" What are you taking about? "

" Isn't there even a little part of you that wants a mate? "

" Why are you even asking me this? Usually you're the one to say ' hit it then quite it ' "

Instead of laughing or smirking like I expect him to he remains serious.

" Well maybe it would be different if I had a mate, I don't know. "

He says awkwardly. Jackson still hasn't found his mate and considering he's 20 he may never find her. Usually you find your mate between 16-18 once you reach the age of 20 most people assume that their mate is dead or doesn't exist.

" I'm sorry Jackson...I just..feel differently about mates than you do. I mean mates were basically created by the moon goddess simply to ensure that our kind wouldn't extinct. The mate pull makes them want to have babies and keep repopulating, male wolves are typically aggressive towards females that they want as theirs and if there wasn't a mate bond chances are several males would be fighting over the same female and kill each other. The mate bond is simply a safety blanket for the moon goddess to be reassured that her creations won't die off. "

I explain to him, trying to make him feel better about not having a mate.

" Yeah, yeah that's what you always say. "

He laughs, ruffling my hair playfully. I smile at him happily as his mood returns to his normal one.

" So I'm guessing you are thinking of a escape plan? "

He ask.

" Like duh! If mr.alpha thinks I'm going to sit around and play nice he's shitting himself. "

" So what's the plan? "

" Well I was hoping you would plan one? "

I ask batting my eyes.

" Me? Why me? "

" Because I'm not strong enough to go on my own and with the alpha breathing down my neck every five seconds I can't focus on a escape plan. "

" Aww does he throw your sex hormones all over the place? "

He teases and I roll my eyes.

" You're one to talk considering you can hardly ever keep your hands off me. "

I smirk at him and he gives me one of his famous boyish grins.

" What? Little ole me? I'm as innocent as a child. "

He grins and I scoff.

" A child who's addicted to pornhub. "

" That's offensive, I would never watch porn. Porn is for people who get no pussy. "

He retorts crossing his arms. I yawn and lay on the bed, all of that yelling and arguing really has me exhausted.

" Well I should probably go back to my room. "

Jackson says, noticing my tired state.

" Your room? "

I question.

" Yeah before your mate came and tried to murder me his beta already agreed to keep me under their protection here. Technically he doesn't have a say in it though, considering the treaty. "

Great, this means that if any of the other pack members come by they have to stay here too. At least Jackson is here.

He goes to get up but I grab his hand whining.

" Noooo stay. "

I yawn, pulling him next to me, He chuckles.

" You know if mr.scary alpha comes back and sees me with his betrothed he will actually kill me this time right? "

" I'm not his betrothed. "

I grumble tiredly.

" Fine but only until you fall a sleep. "

He sighs and I smile in victory. I move over a little so he can lay next to me and as I do he wraps his arms around me. He's the only guy I trust and the only guy I will ever consider trusting.