Chapter 15: Good People

Scar's P.O.V

As I watch the little girl - whose name I learned is Lillian - climb onto the bus and wave goodbye to me I smile and wave back, watching the bus pull off.

" That was amazing what you did. "

Carver comments. Ever since it happened he hasn't left my side, even as I pretended to sleep I could feel him watching.

" It's what any decent person would do. "

" By the way, you have a KILLER right hook. "

He smirks, commenting on the damage I did to the guy who hurt her, well almost hurt her.

" He deserves much worse than that. He's lucky you are in charge of his punishment and I'm not. "

I say with clenched fist.

" I understand you are upset, we all are. However, you seem much more upset than us? "

There's a long drawn out silence as he waits for an answer, his eyes burning a hole into my head.

" People are just cruel, I don't understand how people can do things like that and be okay with themselves. I do the smallest thing and I beat myself up for it but people pull shit like that and do it every day, yet they live happily? I just don't understand. "

I rant, mostly to myself than to him.

" You don't understand because you're a good person. "

My eyes widen slightly as I finally look at him, him looking equally surprised by me making eye contact without insulting him.

" No one has ever said anything like that to me before. "

He seems to be left speechless for a change, as his mouth opens and closes yet no words come out. I look back at the ground as usual with a small blush forming on my cheeks.

" Thank you. "