Chapter 10: Wolfie

Surprisingly I didn't have to try hard to get the alpha away from Jackson, his wolf is clearly more obedient than him. I lead the wolf back to my so called room, unsure of where else I should go. Even if he is more obedient I know his wolf isn't about to let his mate wonder off. The only reason I haven't attempted to escape is because I know he's stronger but I needed to lead him away from Jackson so when he shifts back he won't try anything again.

I sit on my bed as wolfie jumps up onto it laying next to me.

" You know, I like you much better than that stick in the mud alpha. "

I tell him, petting his head. His eyes hold amusement as he wags his tail at me and I laugh.

" I bet you think he's a stick in the mud too huh? "

I ask amused and he nods his head causing me to laugh harder. He sits up and suddenly licks my face.

My mouth falls open.

" Did you just...lick me? "

He nods.

I scrunch up my face.

" Ew, don't do that. "

I grumble, walking off to go scrub my cheek with a washcloth but before I can he pounces on me causing me to fall onto the bed. He starts licking my face all over as I squeal, half amused and half disgusted.

" Get off me you oaf! "

I laugh.

" Oaf? "

I hear the alpha ask amused. My smile drops and I freeze, I slowly turn my head to see the alpha is looking at me amusement clear on his face as he hovers over me. My face flushes red as I push him off of me and turn away not wanting to see his nakedness.

" Oh now that the stick in the mud is back you're all defensive? "

He teases and my face turns even redder.

" I only said that because it's true. Your wolf is much nicer. "

I scowl.

" Speaking of, where is your wolf? "

I don't respond as I keep my eyes glued to the wall.

" Can you put some clothes on please? "

" Ohhh please? My little mate has manners, I'm so proud. "

He coos and I roll my eyes.

" Don't call me that and put some damn clothes on. "

I grumble

" Not until you answer my question. "

He challenges.

" What question? "

" Where is your wolf? "

I clench my jaw.

" I don't know what you're talking about, you saw her. "

" No, that was you as a wolf. Not your wolf, when I met you I couldn't sense her either and I still can't. Why is that? "

He ask me.

" I don't know maybe she just doesn't like you. "

I snap at him and he huffs annoyed.

" Why are you so hard headed? I just want to know, she's my mate as much as you are I have a right to know. "

I laugh.

" You have a right to know? I have a right to my freedom! I have a right to leave! I have a right to reject you! Yet I don't see me being able to do any of those things. So stick that up your hypocritical ass. "

I growl angrily. He gets quiet and I'm about to turn around to see if he left but as I do I feel a pair of arms wrap around my waist.

" I'm sorry. "

He whispers in a sad tone, I can practically feel his puppy dog eyes on me. I ignore him and stand up, pushing him away.

" If you were sorry you would let me go. "

" You know I can't do that. "

" Why? "

" Because you're my mate. "

He replies simply.

" Mate? Last time I checked mates were loving and caring and didn't hold each other hostage. Oh! Not to mention that mates actually have feelings for each other. I see your feelings but where are mine? Because all I see is the feeling of I don't give a actual fuck! "

Once again the room fills with silence and I expect him to get mad or once again wrap me in his arms but this time when I turn around he's actually gone. I feel a tiny pain in my chest but I ignore it, he needs to hear the truth. I can't stay here with him and if I led him on it would only destroy him when I leave. He can't love me and I can't love him, it's the way it has to be.