Who Is This? p2

Peter sat on top of a tall building staring at the Tower in the distance. He missed it already and he only hasn't gone for a week. Now, it was the two weeks after Tony replacing him. He's not sure if the other Avengers have noticed his missing presence but he doesn't expect them too, they probably didn't like him either. If his father figure and mentor faked liking him, he bet the others could too.

The sun was starting to peak up over the buildings, its light was warm but Peter still felt cold sitting alone on the concrete. He heard birds chirp in the distance and he realized he wasn't going to be getting any sleep before school now. He stood up and began swinging his way home. He dove through the window and changed into his clothes for the day.

Glancing at his clock he realized he had enough time to eat a good breakfast but his stomach refused the thought of eating at the moment. Ever since Tony blowing him off his whole body seemed to be just as upset as he was mentally. Instead, he opted for a small apple to get him through as much of school as possible and began his walk.

Ned knew what happened and but did his best not to show sympathy for his best friend. Peter didn't like the pity of others and would probably block them out even more if an ounce of it was shown. It was so hard though since Peter deserved all the love and didn't seem to always receive it.

"Are you going to go today?" Ned asks as they sat down at lunch. Peter stirred his salad around before nodding. He missed the tower so much, even if Tony didn't want him. He wanted to see Pepper too.

"Yeah, Happy is picking me up," Peter gave a small smile to Ned who nodded and they sat in silence before Ned began talking about how Star Wars was going downhill. 

When school ended Peter dragged himself to the black SUV where Happy was waiting. Peter wouldn't admit it ever but he also missed Happy. Happy also missed him. Again, something that would never be admitted. 

"Hey, kid," Happy greeted and Peter gave a weak tired smile to the bodyguard.

"Hey, Happy." They then fell in silence as Peter's eyes began to droop along with the rest of his body. Happy looked in his rearview mirror to see Peter's drowsy figure and frowned, guessing the kid was having long nights of patrolling with little sleep. He hadn't seen the kid for a couple of weeks and Pepper did fill him in on what happened. Of course, Happy talked to Tony about it and Tony went all shut down mode and locked himself away. Maybe they could figure their crap out today.

"Pete, we're here," Happy spoke loudly, trying to wake the sleeping kid. After a few tries, he just poked him and Peter snapped awake alert.

"Oh, sorry, Hap," Peter grabbed his backpack and hesitated before opening the door. "Thank you."

"Sure, bye," Happy drove off, leaving Peter to whisper a silent goodbye at the retreating vehicle. He walked into the building, eyes on high alert for his replacement. He focused on trying to listen for his voice but wasn't able to pinpoint it if it was even there. Peter shared his greetings with FRIDAY in the elevator and stepped cautiously onto Tony's floor.

"Mr. Stark," Peter called out after a moment he got no reply. "Marcus?" Peter heard some rummaging around and he walked to the kitchen, throwing his backpack in the living room. He walked in to see Tony muttering and searching the fridge for a beer. Peter frowned, knowing Tony preferred not to drink even though he was always stocked. "Mr. Stark?"

"Peter?" Stark turned. His face seemed to droop a little from fatigue and Peter looked at the beer before nodding at the adult.

"Yeah, it's me. What are you doing?"

"I thought you weren't coming back," Tony's eyes widened, completely ignoring Peter's question. Peter could only shrug because he didn't really think he was coming back either.

"Well, I'm here, I can just hang out with Pepper if you want me to-"

"No!" Tony quickly shut down the idea. "No, let's hang out." Peter seemed unsure and Tony set down the beer and rubbed his face. "I got rid of Marcus."

Peter's eyes widened. "Like-" He made a throat-slitting motion and Tony shook his head.

"No, I realized that he was smart but he wasn't a good person. Will that probably bite me in the butt someday? Yes. But he's not you and I'd much rather have you as a son than that weird crazy dude."

"Son?" Peter asked, trying to push away all his other thoughts and doubts.

"Well, yeah," Tony's eyebrows furrowed. "You've always been like a son to me."

"Mr. Stark," Peter couldn't finish his own sentence because he launched himself at Tony in a hug. Tony responded after a few seconds, letting out a shaky breath.

"I missed you so much, I am so sorry," Tony said with guilt and shame. He was so glad that Peter didn't give up on him though, he didn't know what he'd do if another person left him. Peter didn't answer and just let them stand in silence.

Whaaattt? I updated late again? Well, that's not a surprise. I literally just wrote this chapter because golf seems to be taking over my life except for weekends which means I might start writing chapters really ahead of time. This hasn't been proofread, please help me by pointing out errors. 7k reads AAANNDDD 300 votes? You guys are the bestestestest. I really appreciate all of you and everyone who has stuck with him since I used to actually update on time. I'm sorry for my bad updates. Thank you guys for reading and remember to comment and vote!