Whoops

IronMan was dead.

Just a few words seemed to be absolutely destroying Peter Parker's life. He stopped eating which was deteriorating his body because of his metabolism still working. May was concerned but didn't know how to help him. The kid has lost so much and now he's losing himself. His grades weren't falling behind but it seemed he was just doing everything last minute with the help of his friends.

Speaking of them, they didn't know what to do either. He didn't open up to Ned or MJ about how he was feeling or thinking. All they could do was help him with classwork and try to force feed him protein bars so he wouldn't totally waste away.

He did continue with his patrols. Peter knew that it was his duty to protect the people. He couldn't let his own loss cause more losses among the people of New York, even though at times he wanted to just burn the suit. He got injured more due to carelessness but he just let May help him and then continued on with life.

"Peter Parker, please report to the office." What? Peter first looked up at where the speaker was and then to the teacher. She nodded at him and he exchanged looks with Ned who shrugged. He grabbed his backpack and put his stuff in it, dragging his feet out of the room.

Peter was pretty sure he wasn't in trouble, but he didn't know what was going on. He stepped into the office, surprised to see Dr. Strange sitting in a small chair set for the students who are waiting to speak to the principal.

"Dr. Strange?" Stephen looked up from his lap to see the confused teenager. May was right when she said he looked terrible. He looked like he was ready to just collapse. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to pick you up upon May's request," The Doctor looked at the desk lady who seemed unbothered by the superhero.

"May called in already, Peter, you're free to go," She gave him a smile. Peter gave one back and Strange motioned him to start walking.

"So," Stephen looked at Peter. "You look-"

"I know," Peter cut him off, rubbing his arms. "I know already. Everybody has been saying it." The poor kid. The doctor part of Strange was going crazy just looking at the kid. He was still lean but bordering twiggy at this point. His lips tilted downward as they walked out of the school and Strange made a portal appear.

"Let's get some food?" Peter looked in the portal and saw it was in an alleyway leading to a busy street. He gave a small unsure nod and stepped through the portal to the new location. Stephen followed thinking of what would be best to eat. He knew the kid liked subs so maybe they could find one.

"So," Peter began whence they got onto the street, "why'd May let me leave and let you babysit me." He tugged at his backpack strings as he looked around the street. Stephen rolled his eyes a bit before looking for a sub place.

"I'm not babysitting, we are just... hanging out," Stephen's nose scrunched slightly as his use of words. Peter gave him an odd look. "I was an actual doctor," Peter gave him a mock surprised look, "and I know when someone is not healthy. You, kid, are not looking your best." Pete pursed his lips as he fought an eye roll. The Cloak slapped his arm and he frowned.

Strange led them into a small sub place. Stephen saw Peter tense up just at the sight of food and he swallowed. "Peter, it's not your fault. We all love and miss-"

"Love? You? You loved him?" Peter quirked an eyebrow.  "Have something you'd like to share?" Stephen felt his face drain and fill with blood at the same time.

"Not particularly, Peter," Stephen ordered just so Pete would maybe drop the subject. Peter glared at the employee slightly when he gave Dr. Strange a weird look. "We are not here to talk about me, but about you."

"Yeah, I understand. But I need distractions. He's everywhere, Mr. Dr. Strange," Peter ordered and Strange paid. "I just need to be more Spider-Man than Penis Parker about this situation. I'm fine, aren't there like five stages of grief. I'm going through them. Kind of slowly but I'm getting there." Strange nodded, dismissing for the moment the name Pete called himself.

"Okay, I'm here for you. You can always come by the Sanctum. Wong actually likes you, which is quite the honor because I think he still hates me half the time." Strange smiled and they grabbed their subs.

"We should return to the 'you love Mr. Stark' topic."

"I'll take you back to school," Strange threatened jokingly.

"Okay, okay," Peter put his hands up. "I'll ignore it. For now."

"Peter!"

A late update? From me? What a surprise. I've been grounded from my computer so writing is a bit more difficult currently. Thank you for reading and remember to comment and vote!