Bad Day

Peter was having a rough day already. Before Flash, before school, just waking up that day was terrible enough. He wasn't depressed, it was just a bad day for Peter Parker.

He hopped into Happy's car and the said man glanced up without a smile per usual. Happy's name was definitely the definition of ironic.

"Hey, kid, Stark Tower?" Happy tried locking eyes with Pete in the rear view mirror but was just met with the side of his head.

"Yeah," Pete whispered and rubbed his arm. Happy wasn't what he would like to call worried but he was confused. The kid was just so chipper usually, what happened?

"Long day?" Happy asked as he merged onto the road. Peter was silent for a while before shaking his head.

"No, I'm fine," He plastered an obviously fake smile on his face. "Why?"

"No reason," Happy but up the sound proof barrier between the back and front and called Tony. It rang a couple times before the billionaire answered.

"What's happening, Hap?" Tony's voice was light and cheerful and Happy almost didn't want to ruin it for a second.

"The kid's all moody," Happy turned down the street leading to the tower.

"He's a teen, that's what they do," Tony sarcastically responded.

"Not Peter and you know it," Happy parked in his designated spot in front of the building. He heard Peter get out and sighed.

"Fine, I'll talk to him. But not because you told me to," Tony then hung up.

Peter walked into Avenger's Tower as it was now called and waved to people as he walked. As he stepped into the elevator he gave himself a small pep talk.

"Nobody will notice, smile," Pete grinned at the elevator's reflection then grimaced. "I look like a psychopath." The door then decided to open so Peter gave a closed-lipped smile to the few people he passed as he walked into Tony's lab.

"Hey, kid," Tony spun around in his work chair, staring intently at his folded hands. "Did you know caffeine is addictive? Actually, it's more so the body becomes dependent on it."

"Yeah, hey Mr. Stark," Pete dropped his backpack down. "Are you okay?"

"Why are you asking that? I'm the adult, shouldn't I ask that?" Tony stopped to raise an eyebrow at Peter who narrowed his eyes in thought.

"Well, Ms. Potts says that you never fully mentally matured into a respective adult and Ms. Potts is always right," Peter drawls out, forcing a smile back on his face.

"That would be right. You need to stop doing that fake clown smile, this is why I'm afraid of the circus," Tony stood up out of the chair. "What's up with you, Underoos? You're out of it this evening." Pete shuffles his feet, uncomfortable with being called out on it. Like, it's just feelings.

"Uh," Pete clears his throat when his voice squeaks for nerves. "Don't we, yeah, don't we have work to do?" Peter hopped into his work seat which was nearly identical to Tony's. The adult, if you could even say that, crossed his arms in a scolding way. Peter was used to the look from May when he came home late from a night of patrolling. MJ gave one similar to it but less obvious.

"How about you just tell me so we can move on from it?" Tony pulled his chair closer to Peter so it was more of an equal conversation. Pete avoided eye contact.

"It's nothing, Mr. Stark. Just having a bad day," Peter spun back and forth on his chair and Tony gave him a look.

"How about," Tony stood up and held out a hand, "instead of doing work we just order takeout and watch Game of Thrones?" Peter looked up with disbelief in his eyes but it was quickly covered with pure joy.

"I mean, you're my boss so if you want to I have to watch TV," Peter grabbed his mentor's hand and pulled himself up. "I call the recliner chair!" Peter took off running to the main living room and Tony shook his head trailing after him.

Hello people. I will be taking a tiny little break for a bit. School's almost over but I got some tests and papers. When my official summer starts I will be writing and posting more. Just give me a few weeks before my schedule is back on track. Thank you for reading and remember to vote and comment!