forty-five

"Alright, call it Cap,"

The Chitauri poured out of the portal above New York, almost a never-ending stream of aliens above Stark Tower. The team turned to face Steve Rogers at Tony's command, waiting for further instruction from  the Captain.

"Alright, listen up," Steve turned to face the team. "Until we can close that portal up there, we're going to use containment. Barton, I want you on that roof, eyes on everything call out patterns and strays. Stark, you've got the perimeter. Anything gets more than three blocks out you turn it back or you turn it to ash."

"Wanna give me a lift?" Clint asked the man in the red suit, who nodded and positioned himself behind Clint, grabbing onto the back of his jacket.

"Right, better clench up Legolas,"

The team watched as Tony grabbed hold of Clint and flew off into the air to deposit him at his station.

"Thor, you gotta try and bottleneck that portal, slow them down," Steve moved on to the god of thunder. "You've got the lightning, light the bastards up."

Thor gave a nod to the soldier before swinging his hammer and taking off into the air toward the portal.

"Audelia," the woman turned to face the Captain, the mask of her helmet lifted. "I need you down and in the city, in the middle of the fight. Scan the area for any hostage situations and any civilians in immediate danger. Keeping them out of harms way is our main priority. Romanoff and I will be on the ground, be on standby in case we need backup."

"Roger that, Captain,"

The mask came down over Audelia's face as she flew off into the air, leaving the rest of her team by themselves on the ground as she immediately flew through a pack of Chitauri warriors, blasting them all out of the way and off of their ships.

JARVIS lit up her display screen with a distress signal in a nearby building. Deli followed his outlined map, shattering the glass of the building as she landed inside, immediately shooting down the three Chitauri warrirors in front of her. Another charged from behind as she turned, simply hitting him into the wall with her hand as his body went limp on the floor, the civilians trapped on the floor immediately running for cover.

"Hey Dell?" Tony's voice flooded through the comms. "Just got word that Thor is throwing a party with a squadron down on 6th. Want to crash the party, just like old times?"

"Tony, we got invited to every part on MIT's campus, we were never party crashers,"

"Not the point, you coming?"

"You two can reminsice later," Natasha's strained voice come over the comms, followed by a series of grunts. "Kinda need you back on the bridge, Deli!"

"On my way, hold tight,"

Audelia flew through the buildings, weaving in and out as she shot down multiple Chitauri soldiers along the way before landing on the bridge in front of Stark Tower once more. Natasha was pinned down by two aliens as Audelia shot at the one, giving her enough time to steal his weapon and fire at the other, flipping around with her weapon at the ready at a sudden noise, only to see Steve standing behind her.