Family Dinner

Since Taliah and Dominic's wedding was only three weeks away,Dominic thought it would be nice to go and see Taliah's parents;since they are gonna be his in-laws. Taliah thought that would be a great idea. So the setting in this period of time will be 6:30p.m.,Dominic's house.

Dominic couldn't figure out what tie to wear. He dress attire was dress pants and shoes,grey dress shirt and vest,with no clue which tie to wear. "Baby it's not that complicating.just wear your grey tie."said Taliah,brushing her hair. "But it's a Steve Harvey tie;it's doesn't match with my shoe brand."said Dominic. "What brand is your shoes?"asked Taliah. "Stacy Adams;what if your dad notices?"asked Dominic. "He is not gonna notice. I don't even notice it."said Taliah. It took a second to notice that the brands were two different fabrics--but she didn't say nothing. "Babe;let's go."said Dominic.

Dominic knocked at the door,and Taliah's parents answer it. "Hey pumpkin."said Taliah's mom. "Mommy!"said Taliah,in a baby voice. Dominic didn't see that one coming. Every time she see her mother,she feels she's that same kid in elementary school,when her mom would always pick her up from school. They shared a hug,and air kisses,as well as with her dad. "You look so nice,Dominic."said Taliah's mother. "Thank you ma'am."said Dominic,using his manners. "Oh please;call me Carla."said Taliah's mom. "His shoes don't match with his tie. The brands are-- different."said Taliah's dad. "I told you he'll notice."mumbled Dominic to Taliah. "Well,let's not get into it. Y'all come on in."said Carla. "I'm so excited that you guys are here. I'm got some baked chicken,and fried chicken-- either one you like;I got some mashed potatoes. You put some gravy on it,taste so good. I got some potato salad and collard greens. Mmmhmmm;and for dessert,sweet potato pie. The crust is buttery. . . ."said Carla. Taliah remember when her mom used to cook feast-like dinners. She was more of a cookaholic,or so to speak. Taliah couldn't bear to hear her mom describe the delicious dishes that were to be served that evening. Her mouth began to get watery,to the point where she was just feenin for a taste of her mom's food,for old time sake. "I can't wait,Mrs.Tatum."said Dominic. They all sat in the living room. "So what kind of plans do have for my baby girl,after you get married?"said Mr.Tatum. "Well,I was thinking about moving out of my apartment,and moving into a nice house. I have been saving up for that point in time."said Dominic. "I also plan on getting a better job;I am a PA(producer's assistant)."said Dominic,adding on to the conversation. Mrs.Tatum was so pleased at how Dominic was so polite. "So what have you been up to lately?"said Mrs.Tatum. "Planning the wedding and what not,you know? Planning where our honeymoon is going to be. So we've been real busy lately."said Taliah. "You ever thought of a family? Maybe a few kids?"asked Mr.Tatum. "Oh most definitely. I think it would be fair that we supply your grandchildren."said Dominic. Taliah blushed a little bit at how Dominic was so understanding to her parents. "Whenever you get a chance,are ever gonna stop by the motherland?"asked Mr.Tatum. "Oh hell no! No disrespect to the motherland,but they got Ebola,hot climax,starving children-- it's too much right now."said Dominic. "He's right daddy."said Taliah. Mr.Tatum was surprised that his own daughter is agreeing with someone,besides him. "Now when all that chaos dies down to a minimum,then maybe I'll put visiting Africa on my list."said Dominic. "Calvin,he's just so wonderful."said Mrs Tatum. "That's why I love him."said Taliah,giving Dominic a kiss on the cheek. Awwwww. Taliah's mom was almost about to cry when she saw her precious baby daughter start to grow up. This wasn't like her first day of kindergarten,or graduation day for seniors,or the first day of college,this was her daughter getting married. It was a significant, authentic occasion. Mrs Tatum eyes began to get teary. "My daughter's becoming a real woman. . . . ."