Chapter 13

*Sam's POV*

After dropping Hermione off to her house and waving hello to Charlie. I knew I had to talk to Billy and the council about the house. Then I would get the boys together to start repairing it. Hermione deserves it and I know she would love it.

I walked up to the Black's place and saw Billy waiting outside with Quil Ateara III. I looked at them surprised and asked,

"How do you do that?"

"You want to ask us something?" Quil Ateara asked.

"I do sir. I have an idea and sort of a gift for Hermione, but I need the Council's approval. I want to fix up the abandon house that is at the end of the Rez and have it gifted to Hermione. She belongs here on the Rez with the rest of the pack. This is her home." I explained.

Quil Ateara walked down to me and placed a hand on my shoulder. He gave me a smile. There was something about his look and then he spoke and said,

"That property is already hers. She just doesn't know it. I think it is a great idea to fix it up and gift it to her."

I nodded and then looked over to Billy.

"Wait, how is it already hers?" I asked confused.

"You see I knew of the magical world. Remember how she said she knew my cousin Sirius Black. That abandon house was owned by his family. He wrote me once before he died and said that if ever come a time where someone need a place to gift it to them. I wonder now if he knew that Hermione would end up down here sooner or later." Billy explained.

I nodded. This Sirius guy seems generous. I would have to ask Hermione about him sooner or later when she is ready to talk about all of that. I know she speaks about a few people but then there were moments where she didn't even speak of their names.

*Hermione's POV*

I walked up to school and saw the Cullen's and Bella. I smiled to them and said,

"Hi guys."

"There you are. Where have you been?" Bella asked.

"I was with the boys down in LaPush. They need some help with patrols and then one thing lead to another and I just stayed the night. I am sorry." I apologize.

"Don't worry about it. I was only curious. I mean since I covered for you and all. I should at least know exactly what you are doing." Bella stated.

I smirked at her and gave her a hug. Bella was a great cousin to have. Alice smiled and said,

"Well, it explains why you smell so bad. No offense."

"Some taken. Because you could also be smelling my animagus side." I stated.

They gave me a look and I just told them I would explain later. I heard my phone buzz and saw it was a quick text from Jake saying that he got their homework. I sent a quick message back and put my phone away. I looked at Bella and she had an eyebrow raise.

"It was just Jake. He was getting Paul's and Jared's homework since they are not at school because of patrols. I am planning on helping them later it." I explained.

"Wow you really token to them. I don't think I have seen an outsider so close to the pack since I started talking to them." Bella stated.

I just shrugged and said,

"I guess it is just easy with them. I can be myself and don't have to hide my talents."

"You don't have to do that with us." Alice spoke up.

"I know but I mean I am right now around muggles twenty-four seven. I haven't realized how much I miss using my magic until now." I explained.

"Do you regret coming to live with us?" Bella asked.

"No of course not but I might be rethinking about schooling. I technically don't need an education because I have lots of money and I can find a magical job to do at home." I explained.

Through out the day that idea was going through my head. I walked out of school at the end of the day to see everyone eying someone who was talking to Bella. I walked over and saw it was Sam. I smiled to him and asked,

"What brings you to this side of the tracks?"

"I thought I would give you a ride back to my place. Paul and Embry were hoping you would help them with a few pieces of homework." Sam explained.

I nodded and then gave Bella a hug. Bella looked over to Sam and said,

"You keep my cousin safe. Or I will have to come after you."

"Bella, I would love to see you try. Plus, I think your cousin knows how to hold her own." Sam said with a snicker.

She let out a laugh and walked back to Edward. He nodded to us and Alice waved us to stop. Sam looked at me and stopped. I rolled down my window and Alice came closer,

"I was thinking you should come by our house later and we all can get to know each other better."

"Yeah sure. I will see you all later." I stated.

Sam drove off and you could see everyone looking at us. I couldn't help but let out a slight laugh at this. Sam turned to me and just smiled. I felt comfortable being around Sam. But I don't know how to feel when I still love Fred. I can tell that Sam likes me. But I don't want to hurt him.

"Hermione..." Sam asked.

I looked up to him and then he continued to ask,

"Care to tell me what you are thinking? You seem lost in thought."

I gave him a look and then sighed. I didn't know if I should bring up Fred or not. That was a sensitive subject for me and bringing it up to Sam I'd even more awkward.

"I was just thinking about my friends and how they are doing. I miss the lot of them plus the ones that didn't make it through the war." I stated.

It wasn't a lie totally, but I wasn't telling him the whole truth. I looked over to Sam and you could tell her was thinking about something.

"It must have been hard on you to leave the ones you call family behind. Mostly the ones you had to say goodbye to forever."

"Never say goodbye. Its just seeing you later. Because you will always see them in some way or form." I explained.

*Sam's POV *

I thought about what Hermione just said. I knew that I would want to get her friends in on the surprise for Hermione. Now I just had to figure out how to get in contact with them.

The car ride back to my place was quiet. But it was alright. We felt comfortable with it. I pulled up and quickly got out. I opened the door for Hermione. She gave me a smile and got out. We walked in and found most of the boys relaxing. Hermione walked over to each of them and gave them a kiss on the head and a hello.

"Alright, how about we do some work and then I will get dinner ready?" Hermione suggests.

I loved how she felt so comfortable around them all. I sat down on the couch and watched her interact with Paul. She was helping him on some homework. The other boys would ask for help here and there. Hermione waved her hands and had a few pots and pans started to do their own thing.

I looked around and saw how calm the boys were. They let Hermione be herself and she is slowly opening to all of us.