Chapter Fifty Three.

_________________________

Chapter Fifty Three.
The promise.

_________________________

【  Kyuubi's POV 】

it's been two years since the Fourth Shinobi War, and now Naruto is getting married to Hinata! Can you believe this? I'm happy and sad at the same time!

Happy because he finally found love and that Hinata married her childhood crush.

Sad because Naruto will leave the apartment and maybe part of my life. Now I never get to wake up early for the whole hour of waking him up, making him breakfast, ironing his clothes. I sound more like a mother to him, and now he will be gone.

Ever since I was told that he will be getting married, I stayed alone with only my thoughts and to imagine how my life will be without him.

Some part of me is happy because I get to relax, but I still want my brother ya know!

While sitting on the rail and watching the bridge, I heard footsteps behind me which made me take a quick glance.

"Ikuto, hey." I greeted him.

About Ikuto, I found out that he is a Hyūga of course and that he's actually two years older than me, and I thought he was same age as Kakashi-Sensei, heh.

Ikuto joined me as we both sat and watched the river.

"You are out of sight these days, is there something wrong?" he asked. I lowered my eyes and sighed. "I get it, it's about the wedding."

I nodded. "Yeah." I managed to fake a smile.

Awkward silent.

"He still didn't wrote for you anything, did he?" He said unexpectedly.

My hands clutched to my shirt as I crumbled it. He ment Gaara, ever since the war ended and we said our goodbye, I haven't heard of him at all.

"No, it doesn't matter though. He'll come back." I said, trying hard to believe it. He promised, Gaara never goes back on his words.

Ikuto's eyes haven't left from my eyes. "Well, if he doesn't come back, what are you going to do?" he asked.

I shrugged with a smile. "I don't know, maybe just continue my training and... Just like that." My answer is so ridiculous.

I heard his heavy sigh as he smiled. "Kyuubi, we have known each other for maybe two years and a half. And... Ugh, why do I say this..." He scratched the back of his head awkwardly. "I fell in love with you after all these years, and I knew I could never have you. I couldn't pretend to be just your friend any longer. I love you so much, and I can't-" His words were... abrupt. I couldn't believe this.