8. Misunderstandings and jealousy

"Woah, you're such a freak!"
"Thats right, that's right! Freak! Freak!!"
"Hurry up and get out of here! This ain't a freakshow!"

"Monsters don't belong here."

The girl wakes up gasping for air. She pants heavily while holding her head in her hands, fingers grabbing onto her hair and pulling harshly.

"No, no, no, no!" She shakes her head over and over again. She grits her teeth and her nails dig into her scalp. Suddenly, her cell-phone starts to ring. She slowly picks it up.

"Hello..?" The girl answers with a small voice.

"(Y/N), how have you been?"

"...Mr. Goethe-?" The girl replies, surprise and confusion lacing her voice.

"That's right. I'm sorry I hadn't contacted you in quite some time (Y/N). I heard that Esdeath has been closed for quite some time. Is everything alright?" The man on the other end of the line asks, slight curiosity along with worry visible in his tone.

"..Yes, everything is alright, Sir. I've been slightly... occupied recently so I was unable to tend to the shop.." (Y/N) replies, unsure of what to say.

"Oh, it completely fine (Y/N)!! It's your shop afterall! I was thinking of coming to visit some time. Is that alright?" The man says, chuckling a little.

"Yes, Mr. Goethe."

"Alright then, I will see you soon." The man says before ending the call.

(Y/N) sighs heavily before getting off her bed and heading towards her closet. She pulls out a white chiffon button-up shirt out of the closet along with a black skirt. A waist apron with the embroidery of a beautiful light turquoise colored flower along with the name 'Esdeath' falls out in the process. (Y/N) stares at it for some time before picking it up slowly.

"I'm so pathetic." She sighs before sitting back down on her bed.

.

"I don't think it's open today either~" Dazai groans while walking on the street, his hands digging deep inside the pockets of his coat. He sighs and kicks the curb a few times, face pouting slightly. 

"Might as well check since I'm nearby." He says sulkily before dragging his feet towards the opposite direction of the street.

"It's-!" Dazai gasps while staring at the familiar shop with wide eyes.

"-OPEN!?!!!!" He shouts, shocked, happy and surprised all at the same time.