7. Tip of the iceberg

Third person POV

"Ehhh? We have the information regarding the color of its hair and eyes but not its gender? What's up with that??" Akiko frowns while folding her arms and closing her eyes shut.

"Anyways, it's your guys' job to find it, no matter what. Use whatever methods you find appropriate." Fukugawa says sternly while looking at all the members of the Armed Detective Agency.

"Try to capture it alive but if the worst situation comes, kill it."

"Yes sir!"

-

"Even if he says that, where do we even start..~" Kenji whines while sitting on the sofa.

"We should start by investigating that orphanage." Kunikida says while placing his fingers on his chin.

"But wasn't that place burnt down? Will there be anything to investigate there?" Tanizaki voices out.
"It's better than sitting here idly." Kunikida says while taking out his notebook.
"Wait.. where'd that useless Dazai go?" Kunikida says while looking around.

"Eh?? He was here a minute ago." Atushi replies while looking around the office. Kunikida groans while pinching his nose bridge.

"N-now, now! we should start getting to work guys!" Atsushi says, trying to stop Kunikida from heading out to beat Dazai half to death.
-

"Hyakkurin Orphanage, huh?" Dazai mumbles while staring at the paper that was provided during the meeting.
"Amethyst eyes and snow white hair..." He trails off and the face of a familiar lady flashes in his mind.

"Ahh no way, no way~" He laughs while walking on the concrete street of the city.

The sun had begun to set, leaving the sky with a hint of pink and orange hue. With his hands inside the pockets of his coat, Dazai casually walks as the city begins to light up with street lights.

"Ahh... I want to see her.." He says with a sigh. He starts heading towards the direction of the familiar bar but then stops before shaking his head and walking the other way.

Dazai sits on the chair of a bar, tracing his fingers around the rim of the glass he had his alcohol in. Slightly slouched, he places his chin on the palm of his hand while he thinks about a multitude of things.

"Long time no see." His train of thoughts is interrupted by a voice next to him. He turns his head towards the voice and is greeted by a familiar black haired male.

"Oh~ hey there Ango~" Dazai smiles at the man as the black haired male adjusts his glasses before sitting down next to Dazai.

"You don't come to Lupin very often now-a-days, do you?" Ango says after ordering a drink.
"I should be saying the same to you~" Dazai replies while sipping his glass of whiskey.

The two mostly sit in silence, sipping their drinks and bringing up a couple of topics here and there.
"Say.. Ango-" Dazai starts and the man next to him looks at him.
"Hmm?"
"Do you remember anything about the Hyakkurin Orphanage?"

"Huh? The one that burned down several years ago?" Ango looks at Dazai.
"Now that I think about it, wasn't it one of the establishments of the Hyakkurins? I remember seeing the incident being all over the newspapers." He continues.

"Huh? it was owned by the Hyakkurin family?" Dazai looks back at Ango. Ango nods and sips his drink.

"It was a pretty small orphanage so the family didnt seem really fazed by the whole incident. Although, they did think that it was purposely burnt down by one of the rival families."

"Ohh~" Dazai hums.
"Why are you interested about that all of a sudden? It happened a pretty long time ago." Ango frowns and looks at Dazai.

"No, it's nothing." Dazai says while placing his fees on the counter and standing up, making the chair clatter slightly.

"Don't stick your head into something problematic." Ango says while looking down into his drink. Dazai glances back at the black haired man briefly before walking away.

-

The apartment is enveloped in total silence and darkness. There is a slight shuffling sound coming from the bedroom. A figure of a female pops her head out from under some blankets. She groans and gets up, the smell of cleaning fluid wafts all around the room as well as the entire apartment.

The girl ties her long white hair quickly while walking towards the bathroom sluggishly. Upon entering the bathroom she looks at the mirror. Then, she slowly brings her hands towards her face, dragging the chapped fingertips across her face. The white haired girl's glowing amethyst eyes glares at the reflection on the mirror. Her eyes burning with disgust and contempt. She then drags her hand across the mirror which then cracks as she stops her hand in the middle of its surface.

         "I utterly despise you."

---

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHH AND THE PLOT THICCENS
HOPE Y'ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY/NIGHT
XOXO