XIV

▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬

I WAS TOO SHOCKED to glare at Jimin like I normally would've in a situation like this.

My mouth remained open as I watched my boss glare across the table at Mingyu, who looked just as confused as I did.

He fidgeted in his seat before clearing his throat, "I'm sorry Mr. Park, I didn't know she was your fiancée."

Mingyu stood and bowed quickly before throwing down a couple of bills and fleeing to the exit.

I was unable to find the words to express the emotions and thoughts running through my mind.

"Wh- what the hell—" I started, glancing at Jimin, who looked quite satisfied with himself.

His smirk only fueled my anger, "Were you following me? What is your problem?"

"Of course I followed you kitten, Tokyo is a big city, I can't have you getting lost," he shrugged.

"That is incredibly invasive, and creepy." I spat at him.

"Oh really? I do believe I just saved your ass, so a thank you should be in order, not a lecture."

"Thank you?! You want me to thank you? Have you completely lost your mind?" I tried to keep my volume lower, so I resorted to whisper yelling at him.

"No, not yet," he joked, "Minghao had no good intentions for tonight, believe me."

"His name is Mingyu," I corrected.

"Yea whatever,"

"And what do you mean he had no good intentions, he wouldn't try anything, I know him."

"Not like I do," Jimin said, his sincerity causing my heart to race again.

"What do you mean?"

"I own this restaurant, his aunt and uncle are franchisees at this location, and I watched him grow into his playboy ways,"

"Playboy ways, so he grew up to be like you?" I scoffed at his arrogance.

"Seoyeon, please,"

"Just shut up-"

"Ok here we have the house special for you two, with an order of Soju, please don't hesitate to ask for help if you need it, enjoy!" A waitress set down the food Mingyu had ordered.