II

▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬

MY MOUTH OPENED to speak but I couldn't form the words.

Finally finding my voice, I blurted, "Y-you!"

I pointed a finger at him, my expression changing from confusion to anger.

He simply smirked up at me.

"Hello again princess,"

"How dar-" I started, my eyes glowing with rage.

"Seoyeon! Do you mind explaining why you look ready to punch my nephew in the face?" Taeyeon asked me, her previous smile replaced with a stoic gaze, "and how do you two even know each other?"

"W-well, we uh," I stuttered, not knowing exactly what to say.

"We faced each other in the district robotics competition in high school, I took first and she was second, she's hated me ever since." Jimin stepped in, looking quite pleased with the ego boosting lie he just spun.

Not wanting to get in anymore trouble I went along with it, "Yes, that's it."

"Hmm," Taeyeon looked between us for a moment before sipping her coffee, "well you two had better get over that past feud, you'll be working very closely from now on."

"I'm sorry what?" I questioned, genuinely confused as to why I would be required to be anywhere near Jimin.

"Well seeing as Jimin will take over the company in a few months, that also makes you his secretary, if he doesn't fire you that is." She explained, sipping her coffee again.

I tried to internalize my distaste.

I was his secretary now too?

This is absolutely fantastic.

"Oh of course ma'am, well if that's all, I'll be leaving now," I bowed slightly and walked out the doors.

Once they closed behind me, my mask fell.

I balled my fist up and slammed it down onto my desk in anger.

Pain shot up my arm and I instantly regretted my decision.

I shook my hand out and winced, hoping it would ease the aching throb.

"Don't hurt yourself darling, I need you healthy," a voice interrupted the string of whispered curses coming from my mouth.

It was Jimin.

Of course.

"Don't call me that," I seethed, cradling my still injured hand.

"I'll call you whatever I want," his face suddenly turned serious.

"No," I challenged him, "you won't,"