XIII

▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬

AS I STEPPED OUT into the frigid temperatures of Tokyo, I internally cursed myself for not bundling up more.

Ignoring the shivers of my body, I pushed myself to find cute shops for souvenirs, Namjoon insisted I bring him back something and I figured Mina deserved a present for all the times she covered my ass at work.

Since our hotel was in the middle of the city, I didn't have any trouble tracking down a few promising shops.

I welcomed the warmth that enveloped me as I stepped into the first store I located, there were quite a few tourists in here, reassuring my suspicions that cheap souvenirs were in stock.

Mina was easy enough to shop for, as she adored Hello Kitty, so I grabbed her a plush with a Tokyo shirt on.

Namjoon, however, was a bit harder. I'm sure he would've appreciated anything I bought, considering his sweet personality, but I wanted to get him something that he would love.

I almost gave up my search after about ten minutes when I finally spotted the perfect gift, a snow globe with a miniature crab in it holding the Japanese flag.

A giggle escaped my lips as I walked over to it to grab it, it was hilariously perfect.

I grabbed the snow globe and made my way to the counter to pay when I heard my name being called.

"Seoyeon! Kim Seoyeon, is that you?"

I whipped my head around to locate the person speaking.

I finally found him and cocked my head in confusion, he almost looked familiar, but from where I had no idea.

"Hey, do you remember me? We went to high school together, it's Mingyu," the man stopped in front of me and flashed a brilliant smile.

Mingyu? Kim Mingyu? The nerd?

Holy shit he got hot.

"Mingyu, yea I remember, we had econ together," I smiled back at him.

Though I remembered his name, this man standing in front of me didn't resemble the short, chubby boy I sat next to in my sophomore year economics class.

He looked somewhat similar, but puberty had clearly run him over like a bus.

"Yea that's right," his smile widened at my recognition, "you look great!"